Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Standard V6 to Supercharged V6 Conversion

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Long story short.

Everything will basically bolt straight up. There will be a couple of wires that you will need to extend, the main one is the temp sender.
Depending on what model the motor came out of you may have to drill and tap a hole for a second temp sender around the back of the lower intake manifold.
If you are going to be using the GETRAG, do not use the duel mass flywheel. Get a billet flywheel. If you use the duel mass you will be replacing it within a short period of time anyway.
The ecu will need to have a L67 tune burnt to its memcal.
You can not use the standard tune that the NA motor runs as the injectors are a different size.
The L67 cranks do not have the holes for the dowel locater pins for the flywheel, some people don't bother with them, but if it was me I would have the crank drilled for them.
If you are after some more in depth information you could have a bit of a surf through l67torque.com, heaps of pages of information for you.

Json2112

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Series2 v6 man
[[/I][/QUOTE][/FONT]I was also given a s/c with ecu, pulleys, belts & want it to go on a vt v6 Eco 99 series2.I'm no mech but hav managed other mod such as 1.9.1 HRRR,69mm t/b,catback exhaust 2 1/2" with extractors & a volo 12 soft flashchip. Need advice & if interested ov a plenum spacer12mm & a 25 mm manifold insulator for sale. Bought off mace & were in car for 2 weeks..220$ for both. Worked well .