Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Standard V6 to Supercharged V6 Conversion

adstarr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Series II Sedan V6 Auto
Hi all

I want to convert my VX SS Replica into a V8 Killer!!

It currently has the standard V6 Ecotec motor but I am going to upgrade it to the Supercharged V6 motor. Obviously I am going to modify the engine,

Upgrades Include:

FIT 10psi Boost Upgrade Kit
FIT 1.9:1 High Ratio Roller Rockers
Pacemaker Extractors
Genie Exhaust
FIT 81°C Cooler Thermostat
FIT Heat Shield
Kalmaker Tuning

With the above trick upgrades I should expect 280rwhp, hopefully capable of 13sec quarter mile.

All that being said I need some advice on the conversion!!

I have been told I am best to get the whole motor & gearbox, wiring loom & computer.

Is there anything else I will need for the conversion??

I am guessing Alternator, Radiator, AC ect should all be the same??

Note: I have already upgraded suspension and brakes.

If anyone has already done this conversion your help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Any reason you wouldn't just put a LS1 in?

More performance potential, and quite possibly cheaper.

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
hmmm those mods arn't going to see the ls1 go bye bye, you will f*ck over a standard 5ltr but that's about it. your going to need to cool it up the boost to at least 16psi, get yourself a set of 3.45's or higher and open the exhaust up. this will get you moving nicely

adstarr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Series II Sedan V6 Auto
Yes, I have a couple, I would also need to replace:

Radiator
Airbox
AC
Fuel Pump
Tail Shaft
Cluster
Upgrade suspension (again)
Quite possibly more things I am not aware of???

The car is engineered for a V6 so i thought it would be a lot easier???

juckesx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx v6 supercharged
True mate, converting your car tp v8 would be a **** fight, prolly cheaper to sell and buy a v8 if you like your car then l67 is the way to go.
a wreck or complete car would be best as then you have everything you will need, you can also (funds permiting) put a stroke kit through that make your car a 4.2 rather than 3.8 and would smoke most ls1 as they can put out around 500-600 rwhp (with other mods)
in answer to your question the l67 or super 6 has different internals (pistons rods ect) the alt is different, the fittings are on the opposite side to accomadate the blower, other differing parts are,
flywheel, loom, pcm, heads, injectors,coil pack, leads, gearbox and stallie the block is esentially the same whoever most other things are different.
a whole engine, box and loom is the go.
I am doing this myself an will post pics on here soon i have brought a whole s/c car smashed for 1300, i am rebuilding and chucking in my vx berlina so far been pretty easy (helps being a mechanic with hoists ect) if you need any help let me no happy to help
cheers
shaun

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
agree with juck definately go with stroker if you wana compete with 8's in a 6. Your gona be in for hell of a bill though :p

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van

voodoo VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Hi guys, I’m a new member to this site, so I’m still working my way around navigating the site. Forgive me if I f&*k something up.

To add to this thread I am also about to exchanged a standard V6 for a supercharged V6.

I have just picked up a complete wrecking car 99 supercharged V6. Most of the car looks to be in pretty good nick, story is the car slid down a guide rail on the HWY. Engine box drive chain seem good. So I have all options on changing at this stage.

Plan is to swap engine box tale shaft, my VT is ex cop so has LSD diff as is. I think I may have hit a bigger winner with the wreck in the way of enterer. E.g. Power window the cleaner seats (as the fabric becomes loose) leaving those things till have the engine swap if complete, I wouldn’t mind any tips on the swap or any suggestions on things to do to the engine and box before in goes in. I’m planning to run the standard wiring loom and just changed to the chip over for the supercharger. I’m looking to change the dash cluster to suit the supercharger engine. I believe the cluster will read for the wreck VIN number but also match the engine number?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

haslher

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs supercharged v6
i need help too as i have a vs commo wanting to put a s/c l67 in it just stock dont need to hear the **** of what i should be doing k just want to know how an what needs to be changed not that it needs a strocker or v8 we all know we want thes but . what do i need to do to fit a l67 s/c to a getrag 5 speed vs commo ????