Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt start up troubles

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
hi over the last few weeks my vt hasnt been starting properly, i mean i turn the key and it starts then stalls straight away, or i turn ignition on for a little while hear the fuel pump pressure up then turn.. and nothing!! so i usually have to turn it back to off a couple of times and then turn key again and its all good. any ideas??

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Had the same problem once, it turned out to be a fawlty remote head on the key. Have you tried using your other key?

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
ahh ok, no i lost the other key and have been meaning to get another one coz the buttons on this one are screwed.. can i just buy one off ebay or do i have to get it programmed?

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Mister Minit, key cutters, shoe repairs etc, found in several shopping malls sell them for around the $70 mark, they program the new head as well.

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
my old man said it could be the solenoid in the starter motor that kinda makes sense aswell anyone else had this problem?

Promotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore International Dual Fuel LPG / UL
The solenoid will either click click click if not working properly or the strter wont work at all, this is very different to the simptoms being described

chromic

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 E2 R8 Maloo, 05 VZ CV8 Monaro, 96 VS V6 Ute
hi over the last few weeks my vt hasnt been starting properly, i mean i turn the key and it starts then stalls straight away, or i turn ignition on for a little while hear the fuel pump pressure up then turn.. and nothing!! so i usually have to turn it back to off a couple of times and then turn key again and its all good. any ideas??

I get that and I was thinking that it might be the fuel pressure regulator as this was the solution to the problem in my vr commodore.

I have old keys too so I might replace them too but they are rather expensive, especially if that is not the problem.