Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Starting/Immobiliser problems FIXED ---

ZXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sportwagon
Hi All

Just some info for people with starting problems due to the factory immobiliser not disengaging.
Read through lots of posts plus had the RAA out and came down to -- remote head flat battery, slip ring or BCM not working.

My symptoms where car would not start (turn over and would try), red light flashing still above mode button.
Had to press unlock/lock several times to start car. On rare occosions car would not start at all. Come back an hour later it would be fine.

Anyway took the car to Holdens and expected the worse (BCM replacement) but it turned out to be a half unplugged wire from the slip ring to a circut board.
Asked how hard to locate and was told just have to take the plastic surrounds off around the steering wheel and you should see it.
5 minute job but still cost an hour labour :-(.

So for those trying to diagnose maybe check the cable connections before taking to Holdens.
Car know starts first time as prior to this issue.

Cheers Mick

St8iZ

Yes MMAAAATTTEEEEEE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Mate if this is all the issue is your my savior ... having this issue with my recently purchased vy series 2 ute ... will look at this tomorrow

joneszy643

hsv wanna bee
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt mock up clubsport
hey my vt still starts and drives good and i don't evan have to use the key to turn the immobiliser off i wonder y it still start's when the immobiliser light is still flashing any 1 got any ides

Joan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt s2
My problem is my key start and runs i can drive for a bit but then it like it go into a mode were someone has stolen my car and it dies i can start it for a bit then it happens again please help i have had 2 machines that cant even work it out

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Sounds like you may have a crank angle sensor problem.

Joan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt s2
Ok where can i find that on the car do u know if it is easy to replace ir not

Joan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt s2
The key moves in between start and run .it's as if the lock is loose