Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT starting problems

Draftman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore Wagon
Hi Guys
I am having trouble starting my VT the remote locking stopped working and when I turned the key to the on position the imobiliser light kept flashing and did not go off and so the car would not start when fully turned.
I have had the car towed to an auto sparky and had a new key fob programmed to the car and now remote lock works fine and the imobiliser light stops flashing in the on position but when fully turned to start it flashes once and the car will not start.
The sparky has told me that the orginal key was working okay and the problem more than likley lies with the BCM being faulty but if the imobiliser flashes with the original key in the on position and does not flash with the new key how can the old one be okay?
Can anyone please tell me if this can happen if the key fob has not been programmed correctly. I have had the car towed home because I felt he did not have a full grasp of what was actually wrong with the car or maybe he does and is trying to stiff me.

Regards

Draftman

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
If its a V6 Check for any fault codes logged on your car bridge pins 5&6 on the obd2 connector.
Then go from there.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Check that the contactor ring is making contact with the key on full rotation. Bend it out a little to see if it makes a difference. If not, then it will probably be a BCM fault.