Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt stereo not working

T

t-rev

hi,
i picked up my vt today from an auction place where i bought it from and i cant seem to get the stereo to work. it appears to be on but nothing happens.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
What does the display say? If the display appears normal, you may have a crook head unit.

Remove the head unit and check that everything is plugged in correctly. If they are, then it sounds crook to me mate. sorry to tell you that. Also, check to make sure there are speakers in the car and that they are working.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Chances are battery has run flat or has been disconnected..So you'll need the security code for the radio..

T

t-rev

the display just says 1, thats all.
its not asking for a security code, does it normally do that when you are required to enter one or not?
i wouldnt be suprised if the battery did run flat.
if i cant get the security code for it what price am i looking at to get holden to reset it?
cheers

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
The No 1 on display means first attempt to enter code..If you stuff it up No 2 shows up..You get 3 chances..Go to holden with you VIN number..I think it costs about $15 bucks..

dnic63

Reaction score
Here's my twist.

VT Berlina had decided not to eject a CD. Can skip tracks, turn it off, but not change to radio, pause or eject. I think this has happened once before, so I did the same thing - took the fuse out, to then reenter the pin (which I have) to "wake it up" from it's confusion.

Problem

When using the preset buttons to enter the code, only 2 of them ( 4 and 3 as it turns out) work. I have 2 other digits to enter, and can't get them registered as I type in the PIN. Result - no go.

Any ideas? (apart from a new double din head unit with aux in on the front for mp3 player?)

D.