Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT stock radio/cassette player security code.

mezer1

Scarlet
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Equipe '99
Hey guys, this is my first post.
ive recently bought a '99 VT and its in mint condition and only has 90,000kms. the only problems ive encountered is the radio, i took it out to change it to a cd player, only to realise there would be an ugly gap on the top and bottom of it, so i was wondering if there is any cd players available or if there is anything i can use to fill the gaps?
if not im just going to get another holden cd player off my uncle whos a mechanic.
but that wont be for a few weeks, and my other problem is when i put the radio back in i noticed that its security coded. :|
i was wondering if each code is unique and if not how do i get it as i dont have it at all, nor do the previous owners. it was a foolish mistake and now im bored to death when i drive to uni everyday.

can anyone help me?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Get one of these, VT/VX COMMODORE DASH POCKET SINGLE DIN - eBay Other, Audio, Video, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Mar-10 21:57:47 AEDST) , nearly any JB, WOW, Strathfield, or basically any place that has car audio will sell it.

Will look like this.
snc00209.jpg

So is the aftermarket one security coded?

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
You need the VIN and the radio serial number. Take those into a Holden dealer, they'll charge you like $30 to send a form away to Eurovox to get the security code. If you're lucky the dealer will have something on file and print out all important codes and numbers for the car. Hopefully the radio hasn't been changed otherwise that code won't work, and you'll have no choice but to get Eurovox to provide it.

lgrlgrlgr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Hey guys, this is my first post.
ive recently bought a '99 VT and its in mint condition and only has 90,000kms. the only problems ive encountered is the radio, i took it out to change it to a cd player, only to realise there would be an ugly gap on the top and bottom of it, so i was wondering if there is any cd players available or if there is anything i can use to fill the gaps?
if not im just going to get another holden cd player off my uncle whos a mechanic.
but that wont be for a few weeks, and my other problem is when i put the radio back in i noticed that its security coded. :|
i was wondering if each code is unique and if not how do i get it as i dont have it at all, nor do the previous owners. it was a foolish mistake and now im bored to death when i drive to uni everyday.

can anyone help me?

Security code go to holden with your rego paper,because they want to see you own it and they need the vin off you car,i heard it's free,maybe try some wreckers for the tray under the radio. :beer chug:

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Holden dealers just need the VIN number to look the code up. They can only look up the code for the original radio through the VIN, they don't log the head unit serial numbers as far as I know. Dealers have the authority to give this information for free as part of "customer service" although some dealers are rude and will try to charge you.

codeunknown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Commodore EXE 1999 with vx 3.8/auto
and if holden dont have the code....
find out the radio serial number...and contact the radio makers ..some holden dealers have done this....
and give them the serial....they may still have the code...

the makers have no idea which holden it could be in...they have a clue as in series...but not a vin...holden does that.:)

if that fails....your out of luke on the old radio....i was told there is a skeleton key for the radios.....
but i dont know it ..and dont know anyone who has...:(

:)

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Holden dealers just need the VIN number to look the code up. They can only look up the code for the original radio through the VIN, they don't log the head unit serial numbers as far as I know. Dealers have the authority to give this information for free as part of "customer service" although some dealers are rude and will try to charge you.

Almost every Holden dealership will want to charge around $30.00. I was lucky enough to get it for free, they can just look it up on their computer.
If you know someone in the automotive trade for example a panel beater etc I understand Holden dealerships will give them the information for free.

codeunknown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Commodore EXE 1999 with vx 3.8/auto
if you tell the real story and use the right words ..you often get the help your after...
i paid nothing to holden and got all i asked for
in fact i got a refered from holden for mr minit...

:)

its all in the way you go about things :)

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
God damn it, was changing my dash over and I had no idea this would happen, now I have no music :(

Sometimes when you buy your car you will get the owner's manual and a little card which has the radio PIN on it.