Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT supercharged questions.

CUTSICK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Series 1
Hey all i just picked up a VT l67 spac today dirt cheap commodore basically i'm wondering what every single bit thats different to a non supercharged vt apart from the engine :)

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Apart from the engine.

Stall converter.
Different tune, but same ECU/PCM
Different wiring loom.
Different exhaust.
Different oil trans cooler, the L67 has a secondary.
Different fuel pump.
Different fuel injectors.

Think thats about it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Supercharged "Auuusiecouch"
and the engine is completely different to a stock Ecotec too

Ah no it's not, it's not that different.
The L67 Supercharged uses the same block, the heads differ only that they're machined to except injectors, to clear the S/C.
Rocker covers differ in shape to fit around the injectors, fuel rails, the inlet manifold is completely different to except the M90 supercharger.
Ignition coils and sparkplugs are slightly different as stock, as are fore mentioned loom. S/C has 36lbs injectors, tune, stall convertor (2500rpm?) etc
I think the cam in the same as Ecotec L36.
Pistons and conrods are different (9.4:1 CR Ecotec vs 8.0:1 S/C and larger gudgeon pins. The USA L32 S/C has 'powered metal' conrods) as is the balance weights.
External differences in top radiator hose, belt drive and idler pulleys etc

Seano_boi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais series 2 L67
+1 to above

A little hint is , if you have an L67 and your heads are needing work ... Or , your like me and your about to undertake a top end build to handle a new cam you don't have to pay 400 from the wreckers for another set cos you can , infact , get L32 heads for 100 bucks and work on them and do the swap over once there done , and then your not rushing or without wheels while you mess around... The local TAFE my dad used to work at ( retired now ) machined the injector spaces for me , skimming them square , doing guides , the oversize valves ect ... and they used it as an example for the students so I was not forking out more than 40 bucks for some ice and a few cans of soft drink that you happen to " accidentally leave with the kids "... Machine shop will probs charge about 20 bucks a slot tho ... But it's still cheaper =}

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
+1 to above

A little hint is , if you have an L67 and your heads are needing work ... Or , your like me and your about to undertake a top end build to handle a new cam you don't have to pay 400 from the wreckers for another set cos you can , infact , get L32 heads for 100 bucks and work on them and do the swap over once there done , and then your not rushing or without wheels while you mess around... The local TAFE my dad used to work at ( retired now ) machined the injector spaces for me , skimming them square , doing guides , the oversize valves ect ... and they used it as an example for the students so I was not forking out more than 40 bucks for some ice and a few cans of soft drink that you happen to " accidentally leave with the kids "... Machine shop will probs charge about 20 bucks a slot tho ... But it's still cheaper =}

How do you drill the injector holes to the "L32" heads? This is a great idea to save money if you can get the holes done at the right price. Let me know and I'll send you 10 sets of "L32" heads as I binned 5 L67 heads last month alone

Seano_boi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais series 2 L67
I'm not sure how they did , or what they had to do to it , but the tafe guys got it done as well as had a chance to learn something new , and I called a few mobs in the Brisbane area and they said they can machine them ...

Why are you binning heads mate ? . What's happening?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I'm not sure how they did , or what they had to do to it , but the tafe guys got it done as well as had a chance to learn something new , and I called a few mobs in the Brisbane area and they said they can machine them ...

Why are you binning heads mate ? . What's happening?

I'm really keen to know how they do it. Could save alot of L67 heads going in the bin due to cracks on the valve seat running up into the chamber