Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt tail lights - what do you think??

Sam0213

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina Series 2
Black monaro lights not the ones with the chrome out lines just red black and clear indicators dno if anyone knows the ones im talking about but theres a few on ebay. PLUS completly black out the boot garnish i mean pitch black. so i want to know what do you guys think? will it look good or am i wasting my time. cuz once the garnish goes black it wont go back!!

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
just bought the lights with black background for my vt
now i have to rewire reverse lights from boot lid to tailights then i have to paint the garnish (i am going same as body colour)
a lot of effort but i think they look better

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
personally mate i would be looking for a VX boot garnish and putting that in place and then getting some genuine holden monaro lights...i think holden still sell them...anything but the genuines personally look like absolute crap.

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol i didnt want to go monaro light for the very reason there genuine COST
that and everyone has manaro lights but yeah to each his own i guess

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol yeah my set up is going to cost including paint 140 dollars so yeah but is a bit more hands on than buying a kit

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
personally mate i would be looking for a VX boot garnish and putting that in place and then getting some genuine holden monaro lights...i think holden still sell them...anything but the genuines personally look like absolute crap.

Genuine dont come out in black so if u want the black theme like i have and mayb wat the OP wants, red just looks **** and wont match the fronts. VT garnish painted looks better neways :p

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
Genuine dont come out in black so if u want the black theme like i have and mayb wat the OP wants, red just looks **** and wont match the fronts
im pretty sure they did...for the last run of monaros, they had the black didnt they???

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
im pretty sure they did...for the last run of monaros, they had the black didnt they???

The 427 or wateva it was did i think but they got crome **** in them and looks tacky wen theres nothing else chrome on the car