Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt to vx conversion wiring propblems

W

waynenewton

can anyone help i put a 3.8 v6 VX engine into a VT which had the same engine, i used the VX engine with its own computer but the body control module is the original vt. The connection between the VX & VT loom to the body control module is a little different what alterations do i need to make to get the car to start & run. URGENT HELP PLEASE

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
you should have left the vt loom and just hooked up the loom to motor as ive just looked at both wiring diagrams for vt and vx and both different.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
definitely easier to go with the VT wiring & PCM, the VX harness would need to be interfaced with the car, not a big job really but you will need to security link the BCM-PCM to get it to go after all the wiring is done.
The VT PCM is also easier for most to tune.

Rob

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
definitely easier to go with the VT wiring & PCM, the VX harness would need to be interfaced with the car, not a big job really but you will need to security link the BCM-PCM to get it to go after all the wiring is done.
The VT PCM is also easier for most to tune.

Rob

hi rob
nothing to do with this thread ,quick question is it possable to change a hsvxu6 chip as it works fine on my setup but need to change the fuel to change from bigger injectors as running to rich need from std 36 lb,s to 46lb,s and also make changes to exept gen3 afm.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
probably best going to see Lou with this one, he has Kalmaker for these i think . The injector change will still need VE table tuning, its a bit big to be tuning by mail.
i could do it but the time involved would be expensive,
Rob

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
probably best going to see Lou with this one, he has Kalmaker for these i think . The injector change will still need VE table tuning, its a bit big to be tuning by mail.
i could do it but the time involved would be expensive,
Rob

the lou man has done a setup one i got but i think he is to buisy doing other things these days as i havnt had any replies of late,i bit the bullit and ordered a microtech but was after somthing to use until i got it as need to go to queensland ill just use what i got thanks anyways
wayne