Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT to VZ electric seat wiring

BerlinaBen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 V6 + VZ Acclaim Wagon
Hi Guys and Gals,
I put a set of VZ Berlina front seats in my VT berlina a few weeks back. All fits well, the only hiccup is the connector for the electric seat height controls is different. I still put the seats in, Just haven't been able to adjust the driver seat height. It's about time I got it sorted so I was wondering if anyone else has traced the wiring back on both seats to work out how to rewire the connections. If anyone has done it, or has any information on doing (like wiring diagrams :bow: ) I'd love to hear from them. Otherwise I might have to pull the seat out again just so I can trace back the wiring.
Any advice is appreciated.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
wow old thread but what I was kinda looking for.

^^ as he says.

and also will the rear seat have to be modified to fit into a VT or will it go streight in?

I wanna put vz seats front and back and vz door card inserts into my vt

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The standard 4 way power seats only have three basic wires.(Black, Red and Black with a white tracer).

Red is power, black is earth and the black/white is the seat belt warning light.

Remove the wires from the plastic connector block on the seat wiring. The size of the terminals may be smaller on the VZ than the VT. Simply cut each terminal off and replace it with the correct size terminal, and plug them into the body wiring connector with red connecting to orange/black tracer, black to black with blue tracer and the black/white tracer to the remaining wire. (can't recall the colour).