Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt to Vz z bar

02 Vy sandman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss Ute
Hi there, I have recently purchased a Nolathane front radius bush kit, Nolathane inner and outer lower control arm bush kit along with new ball joints as well as genuine rubber top mounts to install in my 02 Vy SS. Can anyone tell me is there any difference in size between the z bar or radius rod and lower control arm on a v6 Vt to Vz commodore compared to the suspension on a Vt 5.0 ltr and Vt to Vz ls1 v8 items. Or are they just the same size through out the entire range! I believe there the same size but i still want conformation that they would be the same size as the z bar's only purpose is to stop the front wheels from moving backwards and forwards while the lower control arm stops the sideways movement. The reason I am asking is I have a mate who is parting out a Vt and I was going to get the z bar and lower control arm off him to give them a good clean up and new coat of paint black before the new bushes and ball joints get installed.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
VT series 1 lower control arms are different to the series 2 which carries on through to the VZ. But all the bushes are the same