Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt traction control

mt88

Reaction score
hey my m8 has a vt and it has no button for the traction control and we have disconnected the fuse under the bonnet and its still on is there something we r missen thanx

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
If it's got traction control it will have a button. How do you know traction control is on, is there a warning light when you lose traction?

mt88

Reaction score
nah theres no button its a serious 1 98 model they dnt come with traction control buttons im pritty sure and duno about the lights its neva lighten up before

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Is it an auto? if so u sure the auto surround hasnt been replaced b4 and the previous owner may have just replaced it with the normal surround and takin the button out? or if its manual mayb the dash surround has been replaced that doesnt have the hole cut out 4 the button? dunno how that would make the light, light up then tho with no button lol but if its serves no purpose just take the globe out from behind the cluster.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Mine is also a 98 model and it has a button. When I lose traction a light on the dash says " low traction". So if you have no light and no button I'm reasonably confident there is no traction control. But things could have been changed by the previous owner.

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
If it doesnt have traction control button, then i dont think it has traction control, With mine, I pulled the ABS fuse out and now the ABS and traction dont work :D

jacko

Reaction score
With mine, I pulled the ABS fuse out and now the ABS and traction dont work :D
Gee that's smart ... temporarily then okay ... but they're there to help you know.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Hmm ok. For you..
But what about the kid that runs out between two parked cars on a rainy day. You have the reflexes to control the slide as well as try to stop the car asap? Maybe, but just say you really couldn't have stopped in time, ABS or not. So you hit the kid and it goes to court. And during forensic analysis the cops note the ABS has been deliberately disabled.
I had a situation when me and my VX were a lot younger. Idiot came towards me on the highway on a blind bend, overtaking, so he was well and truly on my side of the road. I swerved and dropped the left hand side wheels in the gravel. But there was not much room as there was a guard rail there. I had to brake because even though my speed was well within safety limits for the sealed road, now with two wheels in the gravel, it was too high. A quick dad of the brakes and I remembered the ABS. It kicked in (dramatically!) and I was able to scrub off enough speed while still able to steer the car (remember it was on a bend).
All good. Wife was almost hysterical, but all of us (2 kids as well) were all ok!