Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt trans in vr shifter alignment

_ethan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 s2
So I traded my vx wagon for a vr ute couple months back and I was aware that he put a vt trans in. Drives fine and all just the shifter is out of alignment and I can’t select first gear. I tried adjusting the linkage rod but it doesn’t fix the issue so should I rip out a vt shifter from upullit or does that not work.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hmmm interesting i was of the belief a VT trans wouldn't work in a VR, without a lot of work? Are we talking V8?

_ethan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 s2
Hmmm interesting i was of the belief a VT trans wouldn't work in a VR, without a lot of work? Are we talking V8?
V6 with the vr tailshaft, unsure on what other changes he made but as far as I know it’s all factory vr

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
VT trans is slightly different to a VR one so they must have changed the loom for one. I'm not sure the VR PCM would operate a VT trans properly. I wonder if the previous owner was mistaken with what trans is in your bus.

_ethan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 s2
VT trans is slightly different to a VR one so they must have changed the loom for one. I'm not sure the VR PCM would operate a VT trans properly. I wonder if the previous owner was mistaken with what trans is in your bus.
The trans was out of a vt that’s for sure just when shifting, the distance between park and drive is longer than what it should be making reverse and neutral in different positions and doesn’t reach down to first gear because there’s no more room. Adjusting the external rod and the little gear display plate doesn’t fix the problem so just gonna bolt down the vt shifter if it works