Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt trans into vy

Horbury

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr ute
Just put a vt trans into my vy v6, all fitted up fine just changed the trans line connectors, started up fine put it in reverse went into reverse for about 3 seconds now nothing except a lil rattling noise coming from the front of the trans, can any one help...Cheers

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
convertor engaged properly into pump??

turbovich

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
I'm thinking torque converter not fully engaged .I just did mine. I was lucky enough, to have trans slip off jack and spit convertor out, oil and........what a circus. Anywho. I learned how to install and feel for 'clicks' stages on the convertor.

Horbury

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr ute
I'm thinking torque converter not fully engaged .I just did mine. I was lucky enough, to have trans slip off jack and spit convertor out, oil and........what a circus. Anywho. I learned how to install and feel for 'clicks' stages on the convertor.
Thanks mate, I just took it back out going to put it back in tomorrow and see what happens, hahaha nothing like double handling stuff and cleaning up a big mess hey

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
Thanks mate, I just took it back out going to put it back in tomorrow and see what happens, hahaha nothing like double handling stuff and cleaning up a big mess hey
have a look down the shaft of the tranny and make sure you havent fuked up the pump and check torque convertor to make sure the snout of that is ok as well.
you can feel it engage in the pump when spinning it on, hard to explain.