Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt transmission

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
i'm having some issues with my VT series 1 s pack and think it could be my auto trans:

- struggles to kick down a gear while cruising on a highway from 4th back to third when i put my foot down, it skips, makes a nice thumping sound and jerks the car forward and doesnt actually kick down (i have to manually do it with the gear selector in the console)

- sometimes makes the car hesitate when taking off with a bit of speed (such as pulling into traffic off a side street), usually when i dont come to a complete stop at a give way sign, but also happens if i want to take off quickly, it hesitates for a second then rev's really hard...

so my question is:

is it a TPS? i changed my original one to a TPS from the wreckers off a VS and it seems to help with the taking off and kicking down gears EXCEPT for going from 4th to 3rd

how much roughly is it for a transmission to be serviced?

how much roughly for a new transmission?

and can a transmission from a VS fit into a VT?

cheers

whitey08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
does anyone know whats wrong, I have the same problem with mine and was hoping someone could help.

As for a service for a transmision, should be around $200. I have been meaning to get mine done and see what they say but if anyone knows what is wrong it would be really helpfull.

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
suspect worn box or sticking converter clutch or sticking valves or sticking solenoids

do a trans service

find out if any codes stored using mechanics scantool

unless the fault had only beeen there since fitting the new tps likely not tps

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
i have found that this issue only happens when the car is hot... i was told maybe try changing plugs & leads as well as do a trans service. regardless i know i need to do a trans service and will also do those plugs and leads and see how i go.

cheers

large

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II S pack
mine is doin the same i have a vu s pack ute and it also makes a ticking noise which over past 6 months has got noticabley louder