Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Tweeter Wiring

Fitzy09

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina 1998 Not my dp
Was looking into my stock stereo today and noticed that my tweeters arnt hooked up. They are the stock ones so they have this plug on the end.
IMG_1221.jpg

searched my dash and couldn't find any plugs that they might plug into?
did vt s1 Berlinas have the harness that compensates for these speakers? If so Where
any help will be much apperciated:thumbsup:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yep, they S1 VT Berlina did have them connected, mine was. The plug will be nearby somewhere unless someone has cut it off.

Fitzy09

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, they S1 VT Berlina did have them connected, mine was. The plug will be nearby somewhere unless someone has cut it off.

damn it myn must be cut off:bang:, might look again thanks:thumbsup:

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
You can hook the wires from the tweeters in parallel to the wires going to the speakers in the doors.

If you need anymore info just ask....

cheers

Simon

Fitzy09

Reaction score
Members Ride
will have a chop at it but replacing with new kit in a couple of months just wanted somfin to fill in the gap. but will have a go anyway

LowVtWagon

LowVtWagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Acclaim Wagon
Hey guys, sorry if this has been mentioned before but was wondering about installing tweeters!! where is the best place to put them??? i have heard people say front pillar and some say next to ur head!! i'm running a pioneer amp (2 channel i think) thats just running a 12" sub, clarion doubledin head unit and just original speakers. what do i connect the wires to?? amp or head unit or just connect to front speakers???? so many different answers!!

Last edited:

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
There are many good places to mount the tweeter, the easiest and most stealthy (so potential theives dont know youve got a decent system) is in the stock locations in each corner of the dash. Although places like the base of the A pillar and the kick panels are good spots too. If youre not fussed about stealth then i suggest temporarily mounting them in a few locations / angles and finding out which sounds best to you.

I cant think of a worse place to mount tweeters than near your head, about 5 minutes of that will be painful.

As far as what wires to connect them to, usually you will get tweeters with component (splits) speakers. You get a crossover which basically sends the high frequencies to the tweeter and the low/mid frequencies to the woofer. The crossosver has three spots for wires, one for the input from the head-unit or amp, one for the woofer and the other for the tweeter.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Stock location for sure... Gives a good sound stage. Bright sounding tweeters might not be so good up there, but you won't know until ou try it. I had my first set up there and now I have them in the kick panels, next to my feet.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Another vote for stock location, although mine are temporarily down on the door pods and it still sounds good enough

LowVtWagon

LowVtWagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Acclaim Wagon
still confused on the wire thing!!!! i know it should be a basic thing but i really want to get this right first go! sorry to be a pain! where should i run these wires??