Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt twin piston brakes

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I found pedal feel to be fine with the 15/16" master cylinder. It's got a bit more travel then standard but nothing major. I eventually swapped to VT master cylinder and Harrop 4 pots all round, noticed no difference in pedal feel or travel to 15/16" m/c and vt calipers (except nearly went through the front windscreen when I stepped on the pedal).

Are you sure you had a 15/16 master. A bit more travel is an understatement, its litterally to the floor before the pistons even hit the rotors, if i jumped on the anchors really hard i could touch the pedal on the floor, i couldnt stand it and found it to be dangerous. I found a massive improvment in pedal height and the performance of the brakes when i did the vt master/booster upgrade...a week later cause it was to bad for the missus to drive as it was.

FusionX

Reaction score
Certain it was 15/16 m/c. The wife didn't notice any difference at all when the calipers were changed (she picked the car up from mechanics after the brakes were done).

I have had the pedal hit the floor a couple of times, once was from cooking the brakes at Barbagallo, which happened in less then 2 laps (hence the upgrade to Harrops, the VT gear is not up the job). The second was after bleeding them myself from the track day... didn't get all the air out the lines, although a quick trip back to the mechanics fixed that.

MattyVRss

matty T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ss
being a VR, i would say it has the 15/16 cylinder. my whole kit cost about 350 or so. that included new rotors, used calipers, brake lines, vt master cylinder, vs booster and shims to fit the rotors. definite improvement over the old brakes. very happy for the price.

wow i was thinking that it would cost way more then that to do a full upgrade like u have.. thats a really good price :thumbsup:. yeah the standard brakes r so **** lol i borrowed my neighbours vz ss ute to pick up my irs cradle from the wreckers. and when i got home i jumped in my car took of and come to the end of my street and felt like i wasnt stopping lol i coudnt believe how differnet it felt lol