Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt twin piston brakes

MattyVRss

matty T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ss
hey just wondering what a good price 2 pay 4 a set of vt twin piston calipers with slotted rotors as i know a guy wrecking a vr ss and has this brake upgrade on it and said he would sell them 2 me and work out a price when he gets back from his holiday.. just want a rough price on what it would all be worth as i have no idea what u would pay 4 them and so i have sum info when he tells me a price.. thanks :)

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
to give u an idea , i got my brakes from a wrecker they were off a vy, callipers and stock rotors that had dun stuff all kms i paid $100 for the lot

MattyVRss

matty T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ss
to give u an idea , i got my brakes from a wrecker they were off a vy, callipers and stock rotors that had dun stuff all kms i paid $100 for the lot

thanks mate thats all i would of thawt they would be worth :thumbsup:

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I paid $70 for my calipers and stock rotors off ebay. If you look on ebay at the new kits for sale they are stupid in price, they are only worth around 100 - 150 in good condition.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
You're much better off piecing together your own kit :) Then you get to choose good rotors, and good pads.

edit: just out of interest OP, do you have a 15/16" master cylinder, or 1"? Ask your mate if he ever upgraded his brake master cylinder and booster, because the VTs used a 1 1/4" master cylinder to compensate for the larger piston volume of the twin pots.

MattyVRss

matty T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ss
You're much better off piecing together your own kit :) Then you get to choose good rotors, and good pads.

edit: just out of interest OP, do you have a 15/16" master cylinder, or 1"? Ask your mate if he ever upgraded his brake master cylinder and booster, because the VTs used a 1 1/4" master cylinder to compensate for the larger piston volume of the twin pots.

i have no idea what is on mine as im pretty new 2 the brakes side of cars i have neva had the need to play around with them before lol but im guessing everythin would be stock on my car ..... i will ask him about the 1 1/4" master that ur talking about. he used to work at the local brake and clutch place in town so im guessing he might have changed it but i will find out 4 sure... do i have to use the bigger master cylinder to run the 2 potters?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
You don't HAVE to, but I guarantee if you're running a 15/16" master, the twin pots will make your pedal feel TERRIBLE. A similar sensation to stepping on a cheesecake, if I'm correctly informed.

FusionX

Reaction score
You don't HAVE to, but I guarantee if you're running a 15/16" master, the twin pots will make your pedal feel TERRIBLE. A similar sensation to stepping on a cheesecake, if I'm correctly informed.

I found pedal feel to be fine with the 15/16" master cylinder. It's got a bit more travel then standard but nothing major. I eventually swapped to VT master cylinder and Harrop 4 pots all round, noticed no difference in pedal feel or travel to 15/16" m/c and vt calipers (except nearly went through the front windscreen when I stepped on the pedal).

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
being a VR, i would say it has the 15/16 cylinder. my whole kit cost about 350 or so. that included new rotors, used calipers, brake lines, vt master cylinder, vs booster and shims to fit the rotors. definite improvement over the old brakes. very happy for the price.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
being a VR, i would say it has the 15/16 cylinder. my whole kit cost about 350 or so. that included new rotors, used calipers, brake lines, vt master cylinder, vs booster and shims to fit the rotors. definite improvement over the old brakes. very happy for the price.

Where bouts did u get it all at that price? Or did ya just keep hunting around for the right price on bits separately?