Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt v6 airbox into vs commodore. basic advice

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
I have a l67 in vs commodore. for the intake i used vt intake with some vs bits to join to the air box. to get the larger air box (and larger filter) in i trimmed the bottom off to sit flush with the inner guard, about an inch approx. i used an old car style door trim piece to make it look good. i also used this on the intake hole for fresh air. from there i cut though the lower guard and made a cold air intake to the front bumper. you will need to move the bracket that holds the vacuum round canister and it relocates into factory holes above. its a tight fit. i used factory intake pipes from std vs-vt (from pick a part for cheap) and 90mm down piping angles and joined.. to get through the guard hole i used 2 saas pod filter adaptors sfa9 back to back to clamp the hose to.. for the bumper i used an ebay intake i cut into the bumper. will send pics soon. https://m.facebook.com/justinlinton3

Last edited:

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
I have a l67 in vs commodore. for the intake i used vt intake with some vs bits to join to the air box. to get the larger air box (and larger filter) in i trimmed the bottom off to sit flush with the inner guard, about an inch approx. i used an old car style door trim piece to make it look good. i also used this on the intake hole for fresh air. from there i cut though the lower guard and made a cold air intake to the front bumper. you will need to move the bracket that holds the vacuum round canister and it relocates into factory holes above. its a tight fit. i used factory intake pipes from std vs-vt (from pick a part for cheap) and 90mm down piping angles and joined.. to get through the guard hole i used 2 saas pod filter adaptors sfa9 back to back to clamp the hose to.. for the bumper i used an ebay intake i cut into the bumper. will send pics soon.
Can see pics on my facebook Justin Linton

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
82125452_10222596054031176_2632354415989751808_o.jpg

Looks good

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
82125452_10222596054031176_2632354415989751808_o.jpg

Looks good
the bottom housing is sealed to the lower guard with windscreen sealant to stop hot air. yes its bolted in place! lol

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
So, which one are you?
Justin Linton emerald vic... you will see the car pics
The final installation has no pics yet but you get the ideal.