Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt v6 conversion

dazzah

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new to commodore motors and pretty much new to doing major engine mods, i'm half way through an engine conversion on my 86 model navara 4wd, putting a vt v6 into it and using the commodore auto...adapting that to fit gq patrol transfer...

my question is relating to the v6 airconditioning...my navara didn't have airconditioning, if i was to not use the commodore aircon what do i do with the pump, as it has the belt around the pulley, do I have to block the hoses off or something, if i remove it i would then have to get smaller belt???

I've had a few ppl ask why i picked the v6 conversion, i wanted more power than the stock Z24 motor (which is pretty gutless and chews the fuel)..and wouldn't fit an 8 cylinder in it, maybe later down the track might look into supercharging, will see how the standard v6 goes first, if I was to supercharge it later on what happens with aircon, i've read a few kits ask wether it is aircon or not?

Thanks for any advice
dazza

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You can remove the compressor and get a drive belt for a non A/C model, you will need to remove the idler pulley near the compressor in order for the short belt to go on. Where do you live, I have the belt you need, I bought it when I had compressor problems, now that I don't have a V6 I won't need the belt.

dazzah

Reaction score
Thanks mate...

I'm in newcastle...what's the smaller belt worth?