Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 ENGINE Swap

airia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Alright about 8 months ago i cracked my heads,replaced them fixed the problem but the found a tapping noise..coming to the conclusion that my top and bottom end are ####ed car still goes goes hard.
But im over the noises and the little other problems here and there..

i want to replaced the engine with a second hand one..mayber even wack a supercharger on there..
new exhaust ect

Is there any sort of guides i can follow i mean i no a fair bit but just somthings i aint got a clue.

also please recomend any exhaust ideas

cheapish and nice sound

cheers

Kodie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
might be cheaper/better to get it rebuilt if your puttin a supercharger on, then you would beable to get it upgraded depending on your money plus know what sort of boost it can handle and so forth, the tapping could just be tappets they always tap they just get louder after time, and besides the noise i dont think it will do anythin to the car, easy fix either way its only in the top of the engine, getting another engine will still cost you a few hundred then you could have similar problems or worse even.