Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 fuel Economy

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
I was just wondering if anyone owning a VT could tell me what economy they get out of there VT's my dad has one and my girlfriends dad has one. my dads is a series one S-pack and he gets about 600 k's to a tank and my girlfriends dads vt is a series two berlina and he gets about 800 k's to a tank. if not more.. I am thinking of getting one for my girlfriend but i don't want something that is too dear to run.
so does anyone know if there is much of a difference between series 1 and two VT's or is there just something wrong with my dads s pack.

nmldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina Wagon
Hey,

I've had a VT II Berlina Auto Wagon standard 3.8 for about 3 moinths now. I have to say that fuel comsumption isn't a strong point. Was better in VX (AlloyTeck motor ?) and better again ina VY I had. VY was quite good actually.

I doubt there is any fuel consumption difference between a VT 1 and VT 2. There was quite a bit of press about significantly increased fuel concumption of VT over VS.

Wagons suck more juice than sedans - extra weight. I'm averaging about 13.3 litres/100K around town. No long trips in it yet. Thats about the same as my mates VYII SS manual gets around town !

600K if mostly around town sounds ok to me - if driven for economy. 800K around town is a bit optimistic I think, unless it's been set up for economy (headers, exhaust, etc) and driven really, really easily.

I've heard that the O2 sensors can affect economy.

Anyway, would be interested in others comparisions of fuel economy.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
sorry. i did mean on a long trip. not around town. i should have said that when i put the thread up. i reckon my dad gets about 9 or 10l per 100 k's on a long trip but my girlfriends dads vt is even better than that. my brother had a vn that use to do 6l/100k's o a long trip. i don't know how he did it but he did.. he really had to nurse it..

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
im running an executive vt, 350 on city driving, its pathetic, maybe 500 easy if i was gonna do it all highway driving, havent tested that out in theory yet but fuel usage is defenetly better at higher speeds for mine

in my honest opinion, don't get a vt, they are heAvier and thirsty. very THIRSTY.
i love my car, i have no problem with it but if youre buying for someone else, i wouldnt get them a vt.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
not all big car are bad on fuel..my brothers old vn use to use about 6l to 100 km's if he really really nursed it.. and like i said. my girlfriends father series 2 vt is great on fuel..

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Mine has recently started to creep up... Was 13.0lt/100 for a while, now slowly going up, today at 13.4lt/100km... Gets about 550-620 to a tank maybe... But I try not to let it go lower than half a tank so I wouldnt know

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
not all big car are bad on fuel..my brothers old vn use to use about 6l to 100 km's if he really really nursed it.. and like i said. my girlfriends father series 2 vt is great on fuel..

6l per 100 k's well I want one of them.......not even my mum's getz can manage that type of fuel consumption. :D

I get 700 out of my series 1 VT, as I said previous if you are concerned about fuel consumption don't buy a big heavy car. :bang: :thumbsup: