Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 fuel Economy

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
around town i get between 480-530kms to a tank.

on the open road i get probably 800-850 if i ran it right down to the line.

if you havent read it already it appears as though the ecotec has a sweet spot at about 2000rpm, which is pretty much what it sits on at 110km/h on the freeways.

I also run my car exclusively on BP ultimate 98, which gave me an extra 50kms around town compared to vortex 98.

i recently changed jobs and I now have a limited stretch of my drive to work at a constant 80km/h with no stop/start driving and I'm noticing an improve in fuel economy.

big cars just dont like stop start driving so if you have to do a lot and you are a bit of a sook on fuel prices DONT BUY A COMMODORE!

pretty simple yes?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
around town i get between 480-530kms to a tank.
agreed.

I take mine in Sydney peak hour traffic (VX Exec) and admit to having a heavy foot when the traffic frees up a bit although thats not often, and I get around 500ish K's per tank.

I travel just over 60kays to work and 60 kays from work. If I fill up Monday morning just after i leave home, I can stretch it out until Friday morning easily. If Ive had a good run, or Ive left home earlier one morning or left work earlier one afternoon and got a good clear run I can stretch it out till Friday afternoon. Ive never acctually done the entire week without refuelling, not worth the risk of running out in peak hour.

Although Ive been running the car on 98 octane (either Optimax/V Power or BP Ultimate) since I got it in March with the occasional 100 Optimax Extreme/ V-Power Racing, but I have never put regular fuel in it. Dont know if this makes a difference or not

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
well thanks for everyones input. i reckon the don't buy a commodore comment was about right. my girlfriend will be driving what ever car we buy most of the time. and she is in and out of town a bit. but being in a country town there isn't much stopping and starting.. i am not really worried about city fuel consumption. i am more worried about highway consumption.

i know it is hard to believe my brother was getting 6l per 100 k's but it is true. he went to QLD with this company who was selling these useless magnetic plates. and he fell for it. for a start he wasn't getting the good fuel consumption then he start replacing just about everything. that is when get started getting his good results.. it had nothing to do with the stupid plate. it was just the fact that his car was running so perfect and he didn't ever put his foot down..
the best i have ever got was 8L/100 but now it won't even go close to that..