Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 head work gains?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
$4000 on Ecotec heads? Bit rich for my liking there. That's the same price as a built bottom end which would actually give you more power with upped comp ratio etc etc.

Yeah i vouch for ecotec heads happily taking bigger valves. I run 1.90" intake and 1.57" exhaust valves with all the same hardware as these ones. INTENSE-Racing.com: INTENSE™ Stage 4 CNC Cylinder Heads (pair)

Sorta shows that $4g is a waste on heads. You can get ZZP alloy heads for around $3000 landed from the states pr these Intense racing iron heads for a bit less. there are also a few good shops around in AUS that are more than competent. After all good head shops apply a formula to the ports and replicate thate as closely as possible from one port to the next.

I wouldn't pay $4000 for heads that's for sure. When i bought them they came with receipts valued at $4000. They're still awesome.

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
If your after some ported/polished ecotec heads I've got a set i'll sell you

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
What's been done to the heads (specs), how much did they cost you originally (do they come with receipts), what price you looking for, and finally what's the reason for selling?

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
I brought em off ebay 2 years ago for $1200. When they arrived I took em down to the head shop in Fyshwick and showed them. They said it was a top looking port job and they couldn't see anything wrong with them.
When I brought them I thought I'd be able to fit them myself. But i'm not a mechanic. It's a bigger job than what I thought. Once you start paying someone to fit them they say they want the car overnight incase something goes wrong, and it just wasn't in my budget to pay anothey $800.
Theyv'e just been sitting in the garage for 2 years.
When I saw you were local and after heads, just thought id ask

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
Correct, These $4000 Stage 4 spec heads are brought to you by Jack Bros. Flowed to 650HP. Larger valves are physically impossible - without a lot of work being done.
11052010249.jpg
Would be nice to know, What Boost pressure they were thinking of When they mentioned "Flowed 650hp"..... There is NO way any V6 ecotech or buick factory cylinder head will flow those figures Naturally Asperated, even with the best cylinder head porterdoing there magic! But guess we'll never know with this been 7yr's old...