Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 Mods and Power gain

ecotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exectutive
I have done some pretty common mods to my VT V6 and I am not sure if the power gain is where it should be. Anyway I have a set of Pacemaker headers, 2.5inch redback exhaust, SS inductions CAI, K&N air filter, Hiclone, TBS chip, iridum plugs, 8.8mm Top Gun Leads and run it on 98 boost. When I had my car at the Brock shop it made 170rwhp at the wheels and it was a very hot day. I was told that this was a good result - but of course I am going to be told this. Appreciate feedback and other power output for similar mods = cheers
ecotec

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
If your looking for fairly noticeable power gains a v8 is the key. V6s dont get much power gain unless you do internals or boost it

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
it hurts but its true.... starting to think wether to go to an 8 or not, lol, but i dont think i can afford to at this stage, but we can only wish...:thumbsup:

ryan

nmj

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Acclaim S2
exactly what im goin through...

mate at work has a manual vy ss ute, with HDT 300kw upgrade.
makes me cream my pants whenever im in it...

moral is, v8's are awesome, and unfortunately, v6's arent reeally worth spending $$$ on...

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
1.9:1 rocker rollers would b your next mod.. about 600 bucks