Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 Mods???

Bubbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec
hay guys and girls and anyone else. i have a V6 VT (as the title says) but i want engine mods but little strapped for cash so some cheap ons will be good. future plans are to supercharge it, so i want mods to do now and ones that i dont have to change for when or if i supercharge it. any help will be great????

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hmm, mods that are light on the wallet...not much thats cheap will make any decent improvement. goin off your possible plans (and not wanting to have to replace/change parts post-s/c) id say your best bet to breathe a bit of life into you ecotec is to get a cat back exhaust system and shift kit the trans (making the assumption that its an auto)...it would cost in the range of $600 for both.

MBS206

Reaction score
I wouldn't advise a catback exhaust.
As the V6 N/A will go for a 2.5" single system, whereas the Supercharged, would be more like a 3" system.
Only thing I would advise would be something more like a CAI with a good filter.
1.9 or 1.97 RR.
You're looking at around $650 - $700 for the RR. And they'll benefit the SC alot as well as in N/A form.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
roller rockers will make very little difference to a stock n/a engine for the cost involved (they arent cheap).
as for the exhaust 2 1/2" would be fine to use with a s/c....3" would be better, granted...but its not neccessary to replace it after s/c (and thats IF bubbles does s/c it).
for your question bubbles, it wouldnt be wise to go for a cam now if you want to s/c it later, you'd just have to replace it (also i thought you said cheap mods too, lol...cam is not cheap).
its hard to recommend anything further because you'd just end up throwing it away later if you do s/c your ecotec...for example you could get a tune (cheap, and good improvement) but you'd just need to re-do it after s/c.

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
If i were you i'd be saving up the money for the s/c setup. Maybe splurge a bit on the cosmetic side of the car, lowered/rims/tints? and then go for performance later :) ps. get heaps of stickers +5~10rwkw there :)

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
best bang for buck is a vacumn pump gives up to 15 percent gain and will support any mods done later.

Bubbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec
yeah in th ecosmetic side i want to paint the black lips around the bottom of the car, black wheels, head lights and black tail light (done properly and get the vx garnish). prob just do cosmetic side now, no real need for performace (just love to have more) but i only drive to work and back and thats bout it. but who knows