Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 OTRs

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Thought i would take soops job while he is banned. hahaha Made me lol.

But fair point about the assumption thing, but if you do exactly what someone on an
internet forum tells you to do without getting a second, third or fourth opinion then you
deserve to have your car f*****. My opinion only :)

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Thought i would take soops job while he is banned. hahaha Made me lol.

But fair point about the assumption thing, but if you do exactly what someone on an
internet forum tells you to do without getting a second, third or fourth opinion then you
deserve to have your car f*****. My opinion only :)
totally agree but some people take this site as gospel an will go out an do what ever someone has said to do.

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
It wasnt a serious engine question though..... He only asked if **** came standard.

Sorry for trying to help >_>. Ill refrain from doing so in the future.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Nope. SS come factory standard. Hence SS induction

LOL.

I know that they are an independant company aswell just thought they came standard with SS and HSV and crap. Wouldnt really know never seen under the bonnet of one. Sad, I know.

LOL.

whats that got to do with anything??? dont get on here giving people false info because you ASSUME things.

Yep.

Thought i would take soops job while he is banned. hahaha

HAHAHAHAH - rep'd you for that.

Yeah but anyway, Zarconia, if you don't know for sure, just say 'I think' or 'I may be wrong'.

Nice try anyway, made me LOL.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
It wasnt a serious engine question though..... He only asked if **** came standard.

Sorry for trying to help >_>. Ill refrain from doing so in the future.

You can help, just dont go saying things you know nothing about. thats all im trying to say. you even said you have never seen under the bonnet of a ss or hsv, so why put input in that is just a guess? an totally wrong!!!!

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Yeah but anyway, Zarconia, if you don't know for sure, just say 'I think' or 'I may be wrong'.

Would have added that just the matter of it was like 1 am and i was tired to ****. My bad.

Edit: Signature update just for you guys. Least i wont have to type it in everytime. lol

Last edited:

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Would have added that just the matter of it was like 1 am and i was tired to ****. My bad.

Edit: Signature update just for you guys. Least i wont have to type it in everytime. lol

Mate, seriously, pull your head out of your arse....stop with the defeatest attitude.

We all started where you are, not knowing much and maybe sometimes putting our foot in our mouths. You made an assumption which was wrong, you got called on it, in a pretty negative way (not really the most helpful or supportive way is what I mean) and you instantly went on the defensive saying 'maybe I'll refrain from giving my opinion' - Mate, don't take it like that, grow a set and say 'ah ok, sorry my bad, I stand corrected' - were not here to attack you.

Pick yourself up, delete that ridiculous statement from your sig, and start learning some more stuff about cars because that's obviously what your interested in.

Cheer up mate, but have a cup of concrete at the same time. ;)

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Wow, $400 for that.
Talk about cashing in on the OTR craze.

Admittedly it looks better then the factory OTR. <-- epitome of useless.
But if you're dead set on having a "CAI" then make one yourself. It'll cost you about $40 in materials and will swallow up a lazy Saturday arvo.

Quick tip; do a little research on fluid dynamics. Only need to get a gist of the basics. Cold air induction is a little misleading. Its flow more then the colder air you're going to benefit from. So make your design as efficient as possible.
The OTR in the OP's link is little more efficient them the standard setup. Not worth the $400 they want that's for sure. (Looks stupid too)

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
OTR (OVER THE RADIATOR) COLD AIR INTAKE VT VX VY V6 (eBay item 170386491499 end time 18-Mar-11 05:45:32 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

i found this, not sure if it will be any good or if the bonnet would shut properly?

anyone seen these or even got one?? would it be better than the ones from Mace etc??

cheers everyone :)

I have a similar item to that but mine is connected to a Raptor Supercharger. It's better than the pod filter that came with the kit. I am yet to go searching for a new filter for it and should have a while ago as the filter that it came with was rubbish.
I have had it on the car for well over a year and when I bought it the thing was less than $200 from memory. It looks like the design has been revised since
To make it fit how I wanted I needed to cut back the radiator shroud.
In all it has worked well for what I needed it for.
If I could have kept the stock intake I would have though as I had a modded air box that worked well.

For the price I wouldn't go with it on a stock motor but each to their own