Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 OTRs

psycho_smurf

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Crewman V6
Everyone grumbled at me when I removed the plastic shroud from the top of the radiator and said how important it is for directing air flow...

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Yeah but psycho your in rockhampton. Most people are 10 years behind on everything. I still get people looking at my mace CAI and having to pick their jaws off the floor >_>

vtspeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim s1
yea ive had a look at them, but not sure to go with it or the mace version cai, from what i can tell they should work great because it reduses the amount of drag and restiction the air has on its way to the engine, the only thing that conserns me is how close the pipe is to the engine so it may heat up a fair bit

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
for $400 you will be dissappointed over a $50 home made job performance wise....

if i were you, i would get some mace rockers + make your own air intake.... similar price really

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
Question:

VT Berlina's Air intake is already infront of the the Radiator .. as per Factory Standard??

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Question:

VT Berlina's Air intake is already infront of the the Radiator .. as per Factory Standard??

Nope. SS come factory standard. Hence SS induction

Edit: I MAY BE WRONG lol.

Last edited:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Nope. SS come factory standard. Hence SS induction

Don't know where you pulled that out of, "SS Inductions" is a completely independent company that has nothing to do with Holden except make parts for them and other brands like Ford.

My VX V6 came with a factory intake pipe that was on the top of the radiator, it was small, which was why I replaced it with an CAI kit.

To the OP, with that Ebay kit, where the hell is the air filter?

sus_038

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S-Pack S2
The filter sits right at the front of the mouth - but could potentially get wet? hmm maybe i just wont bother spending cash on a ecotec and buy a V8 ;)