Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 police specs

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
Thanks guys I do have the chip and I put it on a dyno run as well the mechanic agreed he said they came off the factory floor at 90kw
Mine ran 103.3kw but he said if fixed.the fuel problem just for starters I'd gain another 30kw
Considering this has been a freak motor which is why I wanted a mechanic to look and either say yes or no so the chip exists not sure wat all drama bout all I wanted to know is do we rebuild the same as V6 eco or are there things we should do give it it's power Thanks guys ☺☺☺☺
Vt series II came out with 147kw of power the police version of the vt is exactly the same Kw

H

harrop.senator

This are kws at the motor though. Take 25% off minimum plus wear for KMs and it won't be that high.

I did a before and after of a stock V6 with the 3.89 diff gears and a T5. Was 136 rwhp in shootout mode uncorrected an then 182 on the same dyno with the new motor.

New motor was +1mm oversize pistons , .020" off heads and small bowl blend with a 201/207 @.050 cam with .470" lift and a set of headers.

It did a 100mph pass at 14.8 with a lot of wheel spin as I'd taken the locker out for the insurance inspection and sold it with an open diff. New owner took it to whoop ass Wednesday. They then fitted another locker and ended up doing a rod bearing on the pad.

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
Yes i know these are flywheel kws i also know that the VT is a bit of a freak especially if you haven't driven one before the first time i drove mine in the wet without the traction control engaged it actually scared me because of the lack of traction and how easy it was to get out of control.
I wasn't being an idiot either i was just showing the wife why they have traction control.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The computers don't even have a chip in them. 100 rwkw is about right for a stock Ecotec.

I've had one that made 135 rwkw which was just an economy / towing cam by crow , $50 used headers, a super 6 intake box and tune by the 1.

As said in another thread of yours a proper bottom end rebuild isn't cheap in this. Find another running motor and just do a cam and timing chain swap. Or do an l67 top swap or both.

Yes they do, it wasn't till VX ecotec they started using the flash memory PCM and then only for ecotec, L67 still retained the original style memcal PCM.

H

harrop.senator

Yes they do, it wasn't till VX ecotec they started using the flash memory PCM and then only for ecotec, L67 still retained the original style memcal PCM.

Sorry I was mistaken. I've only had vz , vy ,vu, vt super six , vx, vs and vr. I thought the vt Ecotec was a bin file brown and beige plug pcm.

Insanity626

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore s2
This are kws at the motor though. Take 25% off minimum plus wear for KMs and it won't be that high.

I did a before and after of a stock V6 with the 3.89 diff gears and a T5. Was 136 rwhp in shootout mode uncorrected an then 182 on the same dyno with the new motor.

New motor was +1mm oversize pistons , .020" off heads and small bowl blend with a 201/207 @.050 cam with .470" lift and a set of headers.

It did a 100mph pass at 14.8 with a lot of wheel spin as I'd taken the locker out for the insurance inspection and sold it with an open diff. New owner took it to whoop ass Wednesday. They then fitted another locker and ended up doing a rod bearing on the pad.

Insanity626

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore s2
**** nice thanks my hubby will be interested to read that thanks for specs I. Nearly scored a supercharger with all top stuff we need but I'm thinking for price of bottom end I can. Get full engine rebuild

So close to supercharger but all good Everything basically cleaned replaced even found all tension specs next dyno hoping. Better

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
**** nice thanks my hubby will be interested to read that thanks for specs I. Nearly scored a supercharger with all top stuff we need but I'm thinking for price of bottom end I can. Get full engine rebuild

Is your husband pulling the engine and doing the engine work himself?

Insanity626

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore s2
Yes i know these are flywheel kws i also know that the VT is a bit of a freak especially if you haven't driven one before the first time i drove mine in the wet without the traction control engaged it actually scared me because of the lack of traction and how easy it was to get out of control.
I wasn't being an idiot either i was just showing the wife why they have traction control.
Yeah mine is definitely a freak Soo doing only small backyard work me and my hubby gonna for now do rebuild which we will buy this week but WWE nearly got lucky with supercharger with all

Insanity626

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore s2
Hey yeah actually I'll be also doing the whole rebuild with him I want to know everything about how these run have pulled old motors before but these definitely gonna be a learning process for us both already taken top end off my hub steam cleaned It so gonna get rebuild kit and clean everything start putting my boy back together

Reactions: Lex