Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 police specs

Insanity626

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore s2
Hi everyone I have a VT V6 2000 wagon ex police car with chip still intact I finally with Alot of hard driving have killed it so my husband and I want to rebuild motor to origin police specs
It already had some wicked power Not wat a normal V6 has we just want to know if anyone knows we're or how we can get copy of all original engine specs cheers

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I want to rebuild motor to origin police specs

Any ECOTEC will be ‘police spec’. There is absolutely zero difference.

The only difference police cars had was (as an example) different speedos, dual batteries, FE2, long range tanks (sometimes) blah blah blah...the list goes on..

The ‘cop chip’ is like Bigfoot..Everyone’s heard of it, but no-ones ever caught one..

Insanity626

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore s2
Thanks guys I do have the chip and I put it on a dyno run as well the mechanic agreed he said they came off the factory floor at 90kw
Mine ran 103.3kw but he said if fixed.the fuel problem just for starters I'd gain another 30kw
Considering this has been a freak motor which is why I wanted a mechanic to look and either say yes or no so the chip exists not sure wat all drama bout all I wanted to know is do we rebuild the same as V6 eco or are there things we should do give it it's power Thanks guys ☺️☺️☺️☺️

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nah the VT Eco was more around 100-102rwkw. It was more powerful than the old VR Buick which had around 92-94kw from factory. It did need more power though as it was pushing a heavier body. Hate to say it but 103kw is not much power. I had 122kw last dyno and now would have closer to 135kw maybe 140 with a fair bit less weight to haul but I have spent a lot of money for those mild gains. Not sure what the fuel problem you have is, as it wasn't mentioned earlier, but to gain another 30kw that's around what a stage 2 cam will produce, so I think the bloke is having a lend of you.
If you want a decent engine then drop in an L67 don't bother with the old Eco that can be replaced for $400 plus fitting for a decent SH engine.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hi everyone I have a VT V6 2000 wagon ex police car with chip still intact I finally with Alot of hard driving have killed it so my husband and I want to rebuild motor to origin police specs
It already had some wicked power Not wat a normal V6 has we just want to know if anyone knows we're or how we can get copy of all original engine specs cheers
Pretty sure your car will have standard motor. But 'police spec' MAY include a better intake or exhaust to help things out (or that is a V8 only thing)
Either way, just drop a cheap used replacement motor in and hope for the best.
Or get yours rebuilt, and sneak the compression up and give it a bit more valve lift/duration. Although this would need a tune and is going to cost more than option 1

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The only cop chips that I know about.

1611297744571.png

Insanity626

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore s2
Pretty sure your car will have standard motor. But 'police spec' MAY include a better intake or exhaust to help things out (or that is a V8 only thing)
Either way, just drop a cheap used replacement motor in and hope for the best.
Or get yours rebuilt, and sneak the compression up and give it a bit more valve lift/duration. Although this would need a tune and is going to cost more than option 1
Thanks uece yeah has normal Ecotec 6 inn it but the chip is allowing more power but. We are now pulling it down cleaning Everything and putting bottom end rebuild kits thru it then replacing all plugs coil packs injectors fuel pump filters etc see wat it runs like then also adding hi stall
Is there anything else you can suggest we do thanks heaps

H

harrop.senator

The computers don't even have a chip in them. 100 rwkw is about right for a stock Ecotec.

I've had one that made 135 rwkw which was just an economy / towing cam by crow , $50 used headers, a super 6 intake box and tune by the 1.

As said in another thread of yours a proper bottom end rebuild isn't cheap in this. Find another running motor and just do a cam and timing chain swap. Or do an l67 top swap or both.