Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt v6 recurring fuel/tank pressure issue

Justanf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Efi vk commodore
Ive got a 2000 vt v6 with a recurring problem of when there is the slightest bit of pressure in the fuel tank wont start or if im driving will start cutting in and out and hunt at idol if i unscrew the fuel cap and wait 15 mins it will be fine. Its not a constant problem just randomly happens. I have gone over all the fuel lines replaced one, new filter pump charcoal canister trying to work out what the problem is, but it keeps coming back

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
did you check and/or replace the fuel pump and pressure regulator, sounds like a faulty pressure issue :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Brand new aswell

I don't have an answer to your question but I do have my own question. Where did you buy the new charcoal canister? I tried to get one but no luck at all.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Ive got a 2000 vt v6 with a recurring problem of when there is the slightest bit of pressure in the fuel tank wont start or if im driving will start cutting in and out and hunt at idol if i unscrew the fuel cap and wait 15 mins it will be fine. Its not a constant problem just randomly happens. I have gone over all the fuel lines replaced one, new filter pump charcoal canister trying to work out what the problem is, but it keeps coming back
another thing check the filler neck breather valve, could have **** in it or partially blocked from old fuel line crumbles,

Justanf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Efi vk commodore
I don't have an answer to your question but I do have my own question. Where did you buy the new charcoal canister? I tried to get one but no luck at all.
Ebay where all good things are found

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
another thing check the filler neck breather valve, could have **** in it or partially blocked from old fuel line crumbles,
Second this if you hadn't checked it had a rodeo with a blocked breather kept stalling