Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 SPARK PROBLEMS

Rebel.95

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 S pack
hey guys i know theres some cluey blokes out there that know about vt v6 ecotech engines.. im wanting to know why i dont have any spark coming through the coil packs [dfi] now whats happened is ive put a second hand ecu and bcm with the key and barrel that matched and it was a auto bcm and ecu that i put into my vt 5spd manual and it worked fined. and now somebody went and changed the ecu back to the original manual ecu and now it wont start,, well thats what ive noticed thats different any help would be good cheers.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You can either keep that ECU installed and reinstall the other BCM and use the key head that is linked to it, or reinstall the other ECU.
THE ECU, BCM and key remote must all be linked, if you change any of those three items the car won't start.

Rebel.95

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 S pack
hey sorry guys yeah my friend was sussing my car out and noticed i had a auto ecu in a manual car and he went changed it on me, but i dont think that affected it but im not sure. also when we changed the dfi coil pack he broke the plastic on the plug for the dfi,, ive re wired it with roughly. the question is does the harness need to be replaced properly or just rewired it pretty good ... good enough

Rebel.95

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 S pack
im only saying it could be the dfi plug because theres no spark getting through the coils

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There is a bolt that holds the plug in, if that bolt is snapped or stripped a new plug will be needed. The plastic cover is removable and can be replaced.

Rebel.95

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 S pack
well the bolt got stuck in the dfi module and broke it all when taking it out? then the end of the dfi module was all cracked so i replaced that and had to cut the plug off because i couldnt refeed the wires through for the new plug so i just rewired it

Rebel.95

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 S pack
let me know if im not making any sense here lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well if the bolt is fucked, then yeah probably looking at a new DFI and brand new plug & SH cover and go from there.

Rebel.95

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 S pack
ive got another dfi module, and ive got another plug and wired it onto the actual harness?