Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 Wagon Market Value

sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC
Hi, can any1 give me an approx market value for a nov, 1998 VT V6 Station Wagon? Very neat and tidy (has small crack on rear bumper, and i snapped off fuel door accidentally :doh:), 170,000kms. Anything else u need to know? I t-boned someone (their fault) and now Im pretty sure the assessor is going to come write me off? Had quote for front end at $3700 (and that was without the seat belts mentioned that have released tension) but havent sent it yet. Assessor already rang but i couldnt answer so i will be ringing back on mon. I am at least hoping for $5000 value as i payed $5800 18 months ago from dealer and i have maintained it A1 myself (which isnt going to help my value considering it had full service history until then {am i allowed to fill out the book on the services I've done? lol}, which it was at 137,000kms. I am still paying my loan off, so really need another car of equal value! Also, a friend has told me as it is only really cosmetic damage and nothing structural. He thinks it will be a repairable write off, and because it's not my insurance company, he thinks I will automatically get the wreck back without having to buy it? Does anyone know anything about this at all that can give me some advice, I've got no idea. Or Will they statutory write it off as it will need new seat buckles? Lastly, with the rear bumper and fuel door, should i fiz them before assessor comes, will it push up market value, or am i throwing away money on a spent car? I really hope my mate is right, because with the time, i don't think it'll cost that much to fix myself if i source it all correctly and then i will have 2 cars of value :yahoo: If i was fixing it myself now, think i could pick everything up on gumtree for few hundred? It has damage to both front guards, both headlights, bonnet, bumper and pre-tensioned seatbelts :help: Thanks everyone, appreciate the advice

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Hi, can any1 give me an approx market value for a nov, 1998 VT V6 Station Wagon? Very neat and tidy (has small crack on rear bumper, and i snapped off fuel door accidentally :doh:), 170,000kms. Anything else u need to know? I t-boned someone (their fault) and now Im pretty sure the assessor is going to come write me off? Had quote for front end at $3700 (and that was without the seat belts mentioned that have released tension) but havent sent it yet. Assessor already rang but i couldnt answer so i will be ringing back on mon. I am at least hoping for $5000 value as i payed $5800 18 months ago from dealer and i have maintained it A1 myself (which isnt going to help my value considering it had full service history until then {am i allowed to fill out the book on the services I've done? lol}, which it was at 137,000kms. I am still paying my loan off, so really need another car of equal value! Also, a friend has told me as it is only really cosmetic damage and nothing structural. He thinks it will be a repairable write off, and because it's not my insurance company, he thinks I will automatically get the wreck back without having to buy it? Does anyone know anything about this at all that can give me some advice, I've got no idea. Or Will they statutory write it off as it will need new seat buckles? Lastly, with the rear bumper and fuel door, should i fiz them before assessor comes, will it push up market value, or am i throwing away money on a spent car? I really hope my mate is right, because with the time, i don't think it'll cost that much to fix myself if i source it all correctly and then i will have 2 cars of value :yahoo: If i was fixing it myself now, think i could pick everything up on gumtree for few hundred? It has damage to both front guards, both headlights, bonnet, bumper and pre-tensioned seatbelts :help: Thanks everyone, appreciate the advice

If the accident is someone else's fault then their insurance company is liable for the damage. Remember you do not have a contract with that insurance company so your not subject to any of their terms and conditions. You should demand they pay for the damage caused .r the full cost of a replacement car including on roads etc.
They should also pay for a hire car and there are plenty of companies around who organise that for you and make them pay up. As you have no contractual agreement with the other party's insurance company I doubt they could take the salvage however they may try to drop the payout based on the residual value. Get a quote for it's repair an make them pay you that amount, get a loan car they pay for and get it fixed I you like it or get their money, sell the wreck and buy a new one. Most panel beaters will have details of these companies that get the hire car organised for you.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You can pick up clean VX Station wagons with similar k's for around $3200 these days. And VZ's are going for $5,000.

I wouldnt pay more than $2500 for a VT wagon. Especially a 98 year model.

sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC
You can pick up clean VX Station wagons with similar k's for around $3200 these days. And VZ's are going for $5,000.

I wouldnt pay more than $2500 for a VT wagon. Especially a 98 year model.

I wanna know where u shop man?? Maybe a wreck like mine is now? Saw 1 somewhere last night (cant really remember where as i went 2 a lot of sites) exactly like mine to the T but with 200,000kms selling for $5000 and then same again but wreck like mine (just panel damage) around $1800

If the accident is someone else's fault then their insurance company is liable for the damage. Remember you do not have a contract with that insurance company so your not subject to any of their terms and conditions. You should demand they pay for the damage caused .r the full cost of a replacement car including on roads etc.
They should also pay for a hire car and there are plenty of companies around who organise that for you and make them pay up. As you have no contractual agreement with the other party's insurance company I doubt they could take the salvage however they may try to drop the payout based on the residual value. Get a quote for it's repair an make them pay you that amount, get a loan car they pay for and get it fixed I you like it or get their money, sell the wreck and buy a new one. Most panel beaters will have details of these companies that get the hire car organised for you.

I've been on phone with insurance company demanding a hire car as my seatbelts are ruined and they said "unless i used that car for actual work purposes (not just to and from work) that i couldnt get a hire car." I kept pushing and they told me "I could organize a hire car myself for this time and forward the claim to them but there was a good chance it would be rejected" I do not have the money to hire a car full time as it it let alone never being compensated for the money lost. I'd love to find out about these companies? I will be ringing back crash repairer tomorrow morning and telling him to put quote in for everything, seatbelts included. Then ringing the assessor when i get home from work to organize judgement day. As i am an RAA member, i think i get 1 free legal consultation? I may see if i can utilise this before having to face the assessor unprepared? Thankyou very much for your help

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I picked up a VY Wagon, Power Windows, Low K's, Rego and Roadworthy this morning for a bit less than $5000. So, my research and knowledge on the market at the moment is pretty current.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
At a trade in we were offered $1500 for our 190,000 klm wagon.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Not at Fault hire vehicle details. Tell the insurance company to shove it and go through one of these places, you then don't have to argue with them. Remember they know what they have to do but until you know your rights and demand it you will get SFA.

MVACARS Claims Checklist - Motor Vehicle Accident Claims and Recovery Service
Car Crash? Not At Fault? We provide free accident replacement vehicles & courtesy cars
Know your rights when in comes to insurance claims
http://www.caulfieldmotorbodyworks.com.au/notYourFault.html

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I wanna know where u shop man?? Maybe a wreck like mine is now? Saw 1 somewhere last night (cant really remember where as i went 2 a lot of sites) exactly like mine to the T but with 200,000kms selling for $5000 and then same again but wreck like mine (just panel damage) around $1800

You might see one advertised for $5k but that doesn't mean it will actually sell for that much.

sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC
Just had an evaluation on Redbook.com says my 98 vt is worth $5200 private and $4200 trrade in. Thankyou Redbook!! I'll certainly have that handy for the assessor