Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt/ve diagnostics

r2160

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
All
So, i have bought myself a lovely little ls1 powered vt manual and i already own a ve.
I have purchased an obd2 lead that does work, although the pcmscan software appears to be more aimed at performance .
My question: is it necessary to purchase multiple software packages to diagnose these vehicles.
I have a 3 note tone that i am guessing is for the airbag but in order to check, i gather i have to buy all the packages to check the whole car.
Is this correct?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
All
So, i have bought myself a lovely little ls1 powered vt manual and i already own a ve.
I have purchased an obd2 lead that does work, although the pcmscan software appears to be more aimed at performance .
My question: is it necessary to purchase multiple software packages to diagnose these vehicles.
I have a 3 note tone that i am guessing is for the airbag but in order to check, i gather i have to buy all the packages to check the whole car.
Is this correct?

Hi,

At this very moment that is correct. To be able to do engine/transmission diagnostics on your LS1 V8 VT, you will need our OBD2 diagnostic kit which can be found here: ELM327 Cable - Holden OBD2 Diagnostic Scantool

The above kit includes our exclusive Holden dedicated application "Software on ELM Street" (SOE), make sure to watch the live demonstration video to see what you can get up to!

Next, to do airbag diagnostics, I have a separate kit for that as it communicates over a different 'language'. Please see here: SRS Diagnostic Tool - Envyous Customs

Do note I am bringing out a new product that will allow diagnostics on both of the above systems using only one cable and on software, so this may also be an option for you.

r2160

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
All, after speakomg to tazzi, the do-it-cable and software is still a month or so away.
While i wait to purchase that, is there somebody that has the srs software/cable in sydney?
I have the tri tone going off when the car starts and i would like to get to the bottom of it if i can.
Happy to donate a 6-pack to the generous person.
Thanks