Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT vs VX Calais

D

DamianG

What do people think is better VT or VX Calais.
I like the lights on the back of VX Berlina's & Calais is it possible to swap these lights on the VX to a VT Calais?

I'm thinking of buying one but need to know if it is worth the extra g's for the VX.
Cheers

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If it is a series 2 VX then i'd spend the extra, but yes you can put the VX lights into the VT

jacko

Reaction score
yeah i'd definitely look for a vx2 if you can find a nice one, they fixed the problem on vt-vx1 re the rear inner tyre wear. i also personally prefer the look of the vx over the vt.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
yeah i'd definitely look for a vx2 if you can find a nice one, they fixed the problem on vt-vx1 re the rear inner tyre wear. i also personally prefer the look of the vx over the vt.

Thats if your car has that problem...weirdly some did, some didnt....

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
in the end, it all comes down to money. you can make a VTS1 Calais look like a VXII Calais and save a few grand in the process. then again, if you buy a VXII Calais, you will not have 2 spend a dime...my experience from VT's & VX's, go VX! much better ride & very good value for your money (compared to VY's & VZ's).

Cheers,
Infin8

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i have had both. and the VX Calais was as much of a step up as the VT Calais was from a VN Calais.

The VX has smoother and better handling compared to the VT. Less creaks and rattles. VT was an excellent car though

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Ye VX Calais is much better, it stands out. I wouldn't bother buying a VT and putting VX lights, etc. on it, at the end of the day its a VT.

HsvPlayBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Hsv 185i
Vx Much Better Ride Than a VT The VT Had Heaps of Probs There Like Then Vn's First of a new Shape SO Yer VX By a Mile !!!!!

MrsClubby

MrsClubby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CLUBSPORT
get a vx calais.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
get both mate