Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BigPete95

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ss
hi all. Did an LS1/4L60E transplant from my S2 VT SS into a VU ute LS1 model but NOT an ss.
So down to the issues
During the transfer i noticed a few differences. The vt had ABS but the VU did not (no fuses for it, no module and no brake lines coming from the booster). The vu's harness plugs near the fuse box seems to also have a few less wires. I am now having an issue where the PIM is not communicating with the rest of the car, causing the security system to turn the engine off after around 2-3 seconds after ive fired it. I have gotten a replacement module which i reset with a diagnostic tool before i removed it from the other car.

So now i have a question. Would the lack of ABS cause anything like this to happen? And if not
Is there another other way to link the new PIM to the rest of the car without a diagnostic scantool?

H

harrop.senator

Abs wont make a difference have an abs harness in my vu with the l67. If their was a noticable difference in harnesses i would of changed to the original one that matches the car. Might be worth a try.