Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] 3.8L Ecotec Engine Bay Labelled

VX Appeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S-Pack
Hey guys, I've started labeling my engine bay to get a better understanding, etc etc.
2392010enginebaylabelle.jpg

So far this is all I could come up with, although there are a few more things but I wasn't 100%.
If you could take this pic, add a few more things to it; that would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
starters- "break fuild" thats the clutch master cyliner

and flash tube container? wtf is that?

there all your mains things but

black thing behind that- theres 3 of them, there ur coil packs, and dfi mod is right under that.
and alternator is other side of the hose from the coil packs, the belt runs around it.

VX Appeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S-Pack
Ah yeah how could I forget alternator and coil packs, thanks mate.
Flash lube is for gas converted cars, it's not necessary to have it topped up but it protects valve seats, cleans injectors and apparently increases fuel economy.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
black module to left of ABS is Cruise Control, 2 hoses to right of ABS are heater hoses, in front of your flash lube is water pump, square thing directly after your airbox is MAF sensor, there is plenty of stuff just depends on how much detail you want to go into, at end of top radiator hose is thermostat housing in front of plenum, maybe mark that for bleeding system

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
Lol dip stick is not so important, thanks though

It isnt? you have powersteering fluid marked, radiator cap, coolant, flash lube, wiper fluid, all these fluids marks, and leave out the most important, engine oil?