Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VX Altezza Headlight Globes

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Blonde question.....

I recently installed a set of the black altezza headlights in my VT...

But I cant remember what globe it took as low beam.

I know high beam is H1 and the low beam in the standard lights were H4, but are the altezza low beams H1 aswell?
I need to replace them with whiter ones, any tips will help:)

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
are the low beams really H1? Isn't that a bit bright.... I've just bought some Altezza headlights so I guess I'll find out soon enough, but are they really H1 for BOTH the low beam and the seperate high beams?

NAY73N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II S Pak
the Altezza headlights both low/high beam are H1 globes i found it strange also but the low beam isnt as bright as the high beam and i think its due to the frosted glass look on the driving lights where the high beam light is an open reflector therefore letting out alot more light.

as for the HID H1 globes, apprently you do have to modify the globe hole as its too small.

any1 have issue's with the fact that the driving lights seem to be not as bright? im using Philips headlights think its the crystal vision ones, they jst seem very very weak any1 else have that issue?

machete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
a H1 HID is essentally the same globe except it is xenon gas charged unit powered by a ballast box which alters the voltage from 14.4VDC(standard) to somewere around the 25kV mark, iv had HID lamps in all my cars and love them, never had an issue installing the kits, takes 30 min to install if that. i reccomend the HID, if you want high quality clear viewing 35W kit with 6000K globes is the whitest light temp possible, if you want a tinge of blue go the 7000K