Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT/VX Calais climate control diagnostic mode

M

mwb235

Hi folks,

Does anyone know how to activate the climate control diagnostic mode on a VT/VX Calais? :confused:

I've done a search and can find how to do it on VP,VR,VS, and VY's but none for VT/VX.

Either I'm searching using the wrong terms, there is no diagnostic mode on VT/VX, or maybe it can only be done through Tech2?

Thanks

tsommerville

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Calais S/Charged 6
The only way I know of getting into the climate control diagnostics on a vt/vx is with a Tech2 (or equivalent) scan tool. I don't think it can be done any other way unfortunately.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you need to get into the diagnostics of the climate control system? Is it playing up?

tsommerville

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Calais S/Charged 6
Hmmm, well it could be that the heater tap isnt opening fully because the vacuum hose that goes to the regulator is pinched or the vacuum tree that it connects to is broken/cracked or even that there is a blockage in the heater core or that the water pump isn't providing enough flow or something like that (not bloody likely as your car isn't overheating afaik so don't stress out).

I wouldn't be trying to pull apart the climate control module though, those things are pretty bullet proof(unless you spill water into them) and the software is unlikely to be the problem(it's not exactly complicated). Let me know how you go checking 1) the Vac hose to the heater tap; 2) the vacuum tree (that is gonna be a bit tricky i admit).

From there it really does expand into a whole hell of a lot of problems unfortunately...

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Thanks for the reply tsommerville yes i'm having some issues with the heater - see my post #3 in this other thread:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-mix-motor-hot-cold-mix-flap-replacement.html
I know its a while back, but how did you go with this MWB?
My old VX which I gave to my dad has a fault with the drivers side mix motor error code 21. Mine is staying warm to hot not cold. Ive got a new mix motor and saw some pics online on how to remove but the instructions were for a VE.

Turns out VX is a little more buried. Downloading the tech service manual now and see how i go from there.

Thought once I got the VF and palmed off the VX, Id never have to work on it again. Turns out, I'm working on it more than when I owed it.

M

mwb235

Hi, tbh I'm stuffed if I can remember! I crashed by beloved VT in september 2013 not all that long after that post. The car was written off (somehow i survived) so I never saw it again. I have a feeling it was something to do with the radiator and/or radiator hoses. I do remember the heater fault but I'm not sure if I had the issue fixed before the accident. Sorry i can't help you man.

Edit: I just remembered - i think it may have been a faulty heater tap...

Last edited by a moderator: