Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt\vx Eurovox Head Units

kc6794

Reaction score
Hi,

Don't really know if this is in the right section...but I'll be short and sweet (Mods please move this if I have placed it in the wrong section)

If I buy a standard Eurovox unit from a VX will it plug straight into a VT?
I would assume it would, but I don't like nasty surprises

P.s The VT has standard unit with no CD player

Thanks

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Should be a straight swap,the only thing you would go without are the steering wheel controls,but all is accessible via the head unit.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
just make sure you have the pin for it and it should be fine.

why are you putting vx one in vt?

kc6794

Reaction score
It's actually my grandad's VT, his stocky tape/radio has packed it in, and he had a discman set up playing through it, so i said I would replace it with a CD player. But I could only find a VX one....

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
kc6794 said:
It's actually my grandad's VT, his stocky tape/radio has packed it in, and he had a discman set up playing through it, so i said I would replace it with a CD player. But I could only find a VX one....
It will go in fine.No nasty surprises.Although why not consider a normal sized after market head unit?much more versatile.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i also have my original headunit from my VT with pin.
i would consider selling it if you wanted it

kc6794

Reaction score
yeah i was considering the aftermarket idea...i have installed a few steroes and i know how to do it....but hes an old dude and the double DIN size is probably better for him....and he knows how the old one works.....its the same buttons.....blah blah blah....

Deano....cheers for that...how much would you be willing to part with it for?

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
not sure mate. give me a price and a postcode and i will find out how much to post it to you. add the postage to the price and its yours. PM me if you wish. i am open to offers

bc77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 5.7
Do all VT series 1 and 2 have tape player head units as standard or do some have cd players? I just bought a series 2 and it has a tape player and stacker. I want to get the standard head unit with cd palyer, did this come out on the VX?

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
bc77 said:
Do all VT series 1 and 2 have tape player head units as standard or do some have cd players? I just bought a series 2 and it has a tape player and stacker. I want to get the standard head unit with cd palyer, did this come out on the VX?

the vt series 2 ss has a cd headunit standard.i would try to get 1 from a vy ss its has a 6 stacker cd headunit.:w00t: