Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VX Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug S

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Series 11
VT rear (between seats) bin lid broken.

We have a VT Executive Series 11.
"WinterVX"I found your answers (and pics thanks) for removing spring loaded bins in front console.
I tried the suggestions to remove same from rear console (between front seats) but no luck.
I can get it to 'detach' from the right hand side (after pulling left hand pin out of course} and pressing against right side. It will move back about 3/4 mm but then seems to jam and won't come out. I am wondering if the rear bin attaching mechanism is different from the front one.
I also read post saying to put in small flat faced screwdriver to 'ease' catch out (of the rear part which opens up when pressure applied and pulled back towards oneself) but this did not cure the problem and still stuck.
Would appreciate any advice.

Fixed! Mechanic busted the little devil eventually trying to get it out to discover what 'WinterVX' says is quite true,:bang: even for this between the seats bin. Mine should have come out easily, but apparently on the front right hand side on the slideout part, it can jam underneath on a slight 'ridge' which catches on the 'outside' or main body of the bin. Probably a little upwards leverage as it is pulled towards oneself after the rear clip is pushed in with screwdriver, could have saved me two months of frustration. By the way, a full replacement cost $25 installed from the local wreckers!! If I had known that I would have broken it out in the first place!!http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/images/smilies/bang.gif

Last edited:

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
To some extent they fixed the rear end geometry in the VXIIs but even they benefit from a camber/toe adjust kit I believe.. someone else here will know a lot more than me though.

Sam

they have a different irs setup. my wh is 02 series 2 and has the newer irs... i had superlows in the back and had perfectly flat worn tyres, now i have ultras and its the slightest bit of inside edge wear, hardly noticable at all though

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT, Mazda 3 SP23, Hyundai Getz 1.4ltr
thanks heaps for that wintervx now i can fit my meter cluster in mine i just didnt know how the get rid of that annoying little unit

Harley92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 Ecotec 5 SPD
can anyone help me, i got a vx exec 5spd. it has a holden optional s pack spoiler from factory, as long as ive had it, (4 months) the spoiler brake light wont work while lights are on. the other brake lights work, but not the spoiler light, and it works when the lights are off. wats the go lol. someone please help.

i hav a vid of it, its not intermittant, hapens all the time

the vid is here :

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eLuzKoqFAlM

thanks for ANY help as going for rwc next week

Last edited:

DVS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
can anyone help me, i got a vx exec 5spd. it has a holden optional s pack spoiler from factory, as long as ive had it, (4 months) the spoiler brake light wont work while lights are on. the other brake lights work, but not the spoiler light, and it works when the lights are off. wats the go lol. someone please help.

i hav a vid of it, its not intermittant, hapens all the time

the vid is here :

YouTube - my spoiler lights dont work with headlights on. work only when lights are off...!!?

thanks for ANY help as going for rwc next week

Did you have this problem with the factory tail lights?

Dannys666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS Commodore
VX Series II SS Cruise Control Broken???

IHey Guys Wondering if any of you could help me out i own an SS commodore and my problem is the cruise control. i can turn it on straight after i start the car and the light only stays on for about 5 seconds. when im driving (doing Speeds between 80 and 110) the cruise control wont work i can only get the light to turn on straight after i start the car up!!! Can anybody help??????

hsvmad86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
i have a Holden vx supercharged v6. It keeps stalling when its hot when it dies the power cuts out. I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and spark plugs. I have taking it to 5 mechanics and no one has an idea what it is. one of the mechanics i have taking it to was a Holden certified dealer and they couldn't fix it plz help me i have spent hundreds on it

could quite possibly be a crank angle sensor problem, i had a similar thing happening with my ecotec. the part can be obtained from any holden dealership or from many auto stores. in the mean time, tipping cold water on the front of the harmonic balancer will usually fool the sensor into thinking it's cold and will get you up and running again. hope this helps (and is actually the same problem).

wizzard139

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtss
cracked strut towers

does any one know any repairers that fix cracked strut towers vt :bang:

ikon5643

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 L
I bought my VT SS brand new back in 98....and its certainly had its fair share of problems...i still love it to pieces, the first fault started at 1400kms ....new oil pump

Status
Not open for further replies.