Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VX Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramsey82

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Acclaim
Code on VT

I managed to find a little trick to my VT, I press MODE button+the UP button together and just MODE alone, and I have a few extra features. I am wondering whether anyone can tell me how to find the section where codes will appear to tell me what is wrong with my vehicle. If anyone can help that would be great. I understand that there are approximately 50 codes. I am looking for any hints.
Ramsey82

Ramsey82

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Acclaim
it's probably your purge hose connecting to your throttle body....a little thin hose.

shan77

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2001
car wont start

Hi guys i have a VX 2001 model , i have only had it for 3 months and it has just started to play up especially in the mornings and afternoons when the car has been sitting for long peroid. It trys to crank over , sometimes it takes just the 1 time and others up to 8 times . I have been told that it is the key or igination barrel. The key was apparently replaced about 5 months ago . If it is the barrel how much should i pay approx? Any help guys would be much appreciated.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Hi guys i have a VX 2001 model , i have only had it for 3 months and it has just started to play up especially in the mornings and afternoons when the car has been sitting for long peroid. It trys to crank over , sometimes it takes just the 1 time and others up to 8 times . I have been told that it is the key or igination barrel. The key was apparently replaced about 5 months ago . If it is the barrel how much should i pay approx? Any help guys would be much appreciated.

I would put my money on the fuel pump before the key for this. Once they start to die they become very random on startup.

VLBoom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II V6 Manual
or when you open the boot, the rear boot garnish empties a load of water in to the boot, or onto your head.

I get that alot. Usually on my head :-S
the foam rubber pads under your boot spoiler are worn thru. Holden spare parts sell them for around $10. Water gets into the boot lid thru the bolt holes whenever it rains. Hope that helps

JUZZY200

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec
Vt commodore dash lights

I recently changed over the front wheel bearing assembly on my VT after completion the handbrake light on the dash refuses to go out , the fluid level in the mast cylinder is correct and after much frustration I finally took the drivers font seat out to access the handbrake switch to remove it , now much to my horror I now have the handbrake warning light switch on as well as the air bag waring light switch ! I amd perplexed these have come up as faults as all the cables and switches associated have been reconnected correctly , have tried disconnenting the battery for a period of time and resetting the computer (pcm) lights are still on .

Does any one know if this is a normal for the lights to come on after systems been disconnected and for the dealer needing to reset the system can it be done at home ??

1vxholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss commodore
high there i would like some info on the bushes for the front controll arms on a VX commodore ive been informed they can be replaced with nylathane bushes but have also been informed to replace them with the orig bushes that contain oil which bushes would do the better job thank you

Maxseverity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Go nylathane. last longer and is an improvement in handling and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.