Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VX Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemadness

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT 3.8 (Omega CD) 2000
Hello everyone, I would like to congratulate the forum, it is very complete and organized.
I think it has a differential problem in my VT, it seems that he has a backlash when the reverse gear engages. the other problem is the gearbox shift up at low speeds are a bit abrupt.(automatic transmission)

Thanks a lot..

Alessandro.

Last edited:

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Trying to solve the heating problem on the sister inlaws vt wagon v6. It has factory gas and auto.. The temp guage reads hot and comes up with hot on the dash but the motor is still cool.. Is there a code check thingy like in the Vn-Vp? They have had the wagon at the mechanis and they cant find whats wrong with it.. They had the computer sent off to get checked and its good.. Any ideas?? Thanks heaps for the help..

waynenos

waynenos
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx Equip 2000
I have a vx equip.The prob i am having is when we get a very hot day, whilst driving, the engine just stalls.We have had the Crank Shaft Censor replaced, but as soon as we got some very hot weather it started doing it again,after a while it will start again, but if it is still hot it will stall again.. Would anyone have an idea as to what is coursing this.

tytower

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
These links are great to help identify problems you're having with your car or if you're purchasing one of these cars they're some things to look out for.

VT: Click here for faults
VX: Click here for faults

Note: I'm not the author, just bringing his work to everyones attention!

For me the VX URL went to the VT page ?

kiore1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gts 1998
can any 1 tell me what might causing the fuse too trip when i turn on the lights the dash clusta lights trip out the fuse thats the lights for dash illumination only have had clusta out too replace blubs

fixitdude74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II CALAIS 5.7 A4
Another problem i found, is if your fat bugger like me, when u drag ur ass out of the drivers seat, the trim on the side of the drivers seat comes off(the screw that holds the front section pulls through the plastic).

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
Ta WinterVX. Good foto's & description

Ok after a few PM's asking me how this is done, thought I might place a few pics and steps up of how to replace
this latch. Sorry for the limited pics, was running out of battery power, but hopefully you get the general idea.

Pic1.

Open up the dash bin, and in the left hand corner you will see a pin. Remove this pin, it simply just slides
out of place.

Pic2.

Once the pin has been removed, apply pressure in the direction the arrow is pointing, and at the same time
pull towards your body. Dont apply too much pressure tho as the compartment will slide out easy enough to
gain access to the Latch.

Pic3.

Once the compartment is out, this is where the latch sits, push the latch out of position and replace with
a new latch (Can buy them at Holden $12).

Pic4.

Latch been removed from the dash bin assembly.

Now just reverse the procedure, push the compartment back in to place until you hear it clicking back in to
place and push the pin back in to location, and you're done.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Hey All

I have been trying to chase a vac leak in my VT 5 Litre in the aircon system (blows onto the front window at all times.) I have traced the line from the back of the manifold to the vac tank and then the switch under the glovebox. On a diagram this line goes to a heater switch (the heater does not work either, vac is not activating the heater tap) but I am buggered if I can find it. If anyone can post up the place of this switch that would be great.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.