Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VX Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

boris_calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais ls1
hi i have a vx calais and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a situation i have my key barrel seems to be playing up and the key wont move the steering wheel lock is on and it wont wiggle free.. i have a vs v6 in my yard would that key barrel fit ?? the car i have now is a vx calais gen 3. any info at all would be greatly appreciated. cheers

NoName

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX S
I am so glad I came and visited this thread. VX Boot Leaks, appears to be fixed thanks to the above list of common issues! Will do a proper test later this week.

smoken_VS

Perth wa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Vx Commodore sedan
My new VX is bloody awesome and had no faults since i brought it for $3500 3 months ago so far its done 252,000 so far, what faults should i expect top happen at high KMS and how many kms do they go before the engine dies?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
My new VX is bloody awesome and had no faults since i brought it for $3500 3 months ago so far its done 252,000 so far, what faults should i expect top happen at high KMS and how many kms do they go before the engine dies?

how long is a piece of string? Just do regular oil changes and treat it right.

Seems common all across the VT-VX range are ABS modules, you'll know if it happens as your dash turns into a Christmas tree - and it won't play Jingle Bells that's for sure.....

DRVBYU

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Acclaim s2 wagon , 1992 VP S pac
Hi There, I was wondering if anyone could please help me. We have a VX Acclaim & for ages now we've been having problems with the air bag. Initially the light would come on & we'd take it to the auto electrician & he'd reset it & it'd be ok for a good while. Then it just kept happening & happening. We then got the brain for the air bag replaced & it was good for a while but it came back on again. We again got the part replaced under warranty & still we're having problems. I have just spoken to my auto electrician & he said that Holden thinks maybe the actual car is causing the air bag light to come on & damaging the air bag part????? Does anyone know anything about why we're continually having problems with our air bag light? I did hear that apparently if you spray deodorant inside the car, that can set off the air bag light????? Has anyone else ever experienced the same problems? I would really appreciate if anyone could assist. My email is [email protected] if you would like to email me direct. Thankyou Serena :)

as mentioned earlier in the thread , seatbelt pretensioners may have dodgey wiring and can cause the airbag light to stay on , another reason can be due to error codes , due to the cluster being changed and having missmatched hardware, resetting the codes as you said you have done is just a bandaid fix , it only works a certain amnount of time untill the source of the issue is fixed as obviously the cars computer can still read there is an error, the airbag in particular is not a part of the car you want to be cutting corners on, i myself bought a vx wagon and the airbag light was on and we were baffled as to why it wouldnt turn off , we did everything by the book to work it out , turns out the previous owner had replaced the old cluster with one out of a ute , so the computer was trying to register more or less airbags than it actually had to it was trying to say an airbag had gone off and wasnt responding.

anyway i hope this was some help to anyone.

teej.

attycuz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Hi, not sure if this is the best place to post, but my boot has a leak and I have no idea where it's coming from. After a big night of rain and I open the boot lots of water fall in from the boot lid. Any ideas where I should be looking? Thanks

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hi, not sure if this is the best place to post, but my boot has a leak and I have no idea where it's coming from. After a big night of rain and I open the boot lots of water fall in from the boot lid. Any ideas where I should be looking? Thanks

On the bootlid on the bottom there is like a drain hole thats clogged

Use a small screw driver to open it up

Common issue, mine did this too. Not anymore

NoName

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX S

Hey mate I had this on my s pack. Had to replace the pads under the spoiler. The part of the spoiler that's connected to the boot has pads under it to reduce rattle etc. anyways it's most likely worn away or moved slightly so the water runs into the holes there. Check it out. Cost me about $10 - $15 from Holden for genuine parts.

Need more help let me know as there is a link in this thread with more info.

TonyStott

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT-2 Commodore Wagon
HELP!
My VT wagon has developed a truly weird fault, which seems to be intermittent.

When I switch on the ignition, sometimes (maybe 80% of the time) the following happens, while thwe car perforrms normally otherwise
Red oilcan light comes on
ABS light comes on
Traction Control light comes on
Engine block with exclamation mark comes on,
Temperature guage doesn't move off the stop,
Idle speed runs about twice standard
Cruise control doesn't work

When the lights don't come on, everything works perfectly, but the lights can appear without warning during driving at a steady speed, at which time Cruise Control locks into what ever mode it was on at the time (and can't be switched off, apart from throttle of course).

Anybody got any ideas? It sound like a loose wire, but my mechanci mate has neer heard of this.

HELP!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
HELP!
My VT wagon has developed a truly weird fault, which seems to be intermittent.

When I switch on the ignition, sometimes (maybe 80% of the time) the following happens, while thwe car perforrms normally otherwise
Red oilcan light comes on
ABS light comes on
Traction Control light comes on
Engine block with exclamation mark comes on,
Temperature guage doesn't move off the stop,
Idle speed runs about twice standard
Cruise control doesn't work

When the lights don't come on, everything works perfectly, but the lights can appear without warning during driving at a steady speed, at which time Cruise Control locks into what ever mode it was on at the time (and can't be switched off, apart from throttle of course).

Anybody got any ideas? It sound like a loose wire, but my mechanci mate has neer heard of this.

HELP!

Do a search, most common Commodore electrical fault ever, abs module.

Status
Not open for further replies.