Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VX Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozengines

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II SS Ex Chaser V8
Great work "WinterVX", my dash bin is stuffed too, will fix this weekend.

nick3110

2.5" Catback
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2
lol i'm pretty sure every VX dash bin breaks..
my one is starting to have an issue lol.. it takes bout 3 or 4 clicks to shut it haha.. quite an embarrassment i must say :(..

but yer great post..

vxcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais
hi has anyone stopped the water from the garnish falling

into the boot?.. and my dash bin also is broken lol might just super

glue it....

VX01SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-01-SS
Vx ss problem

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has had this problem before and might be able to help....

I have a VX SS 2001 - Auto, and have recently had a 170,000 service not long after the engine light came on, not oil problem, wasn't over heating etc - found out I had to replace a throttle body pipe due to a small crack in it and small I mean less then 2mm. So I was have that seemed to solve the problem...

Bloody MURPHY'S LAW - it was just a start of something else... So here it is, When I park my car on an angle and start it everything is fine - but if parked level it starts fine then just shakes and is rough to drive. After awhile this goes away but once you stop - slow down you get the shakes again. At first thought it might had been the fuel filter being clogged or something - but nope after replacing it and added injection cleaner etc. Still the same problem...

Help can anyone enlighten me on what it could be... cheers!!!

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Hmmm, i saw the bit in the VT Interior section about a buzzing sound, and mine has it but i believe it is coming from the Passengers side vents somewhere. Anyone else experienced and fixed this?

GrEnAdE

Nade
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
common problems

I used to work for a holden/isuzu dealership in NZ and have come across a few 'common' problems with VT's an VX's.

Cracking of the LH exhaust manifold.(very common) Usually can hear a minor 'huffing' or 'shushing' noise from the LH side of the engine bay or for larger cracks (by larger I mean up to about 25-35mm) a sooty stain.

Leaking rear main crank seal....obvious oil leak signs....some times looks like its coming out of the gearbox.

Power steering leaks from joins in power steering pipes, especially if they have been disturbed and not assembled correctly....usually over tightened and damaged.

And the Supercharger coolant pipe has a habit of leaking....im still a little unclear on this one but somthing to do with the clips, and or, incorrect bleeding of coolant system after its been disturbed. (2 bleed points)

And no I wasn't a Mechanic:whistling I was cheif engineer:thumbsup:...NOT a mechanic...I built things like chassis and axles etc for buses and trucks and did repair work.

PORT3R

WTB: 1 money tree
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L VQ stato
Camber wear?

I just got new 18" rims and low profile tires, and my dad says that VT's are infamous for high amounts of camber wear, and I'm going to be wasting money on tires if i dont get some kit put in my car for $400... is he just blowing smoke because he's being a baby? Or is this a common fault. I have NO idea what he's talking about, so any reply would be nice... within reason :p

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
He's right. 4 point camber/toe kit I think is the one you want. To some extent they fixed the rear end geometry in the VXIIs but even they benefit from a camber/toe adjust kit I believe.. someone else here will know a lot more than me though.

Sam

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
yep thats right they wont fix the camber 100% but they will improve the life on ur tyres in the long run so u can get more KMs out of them. Some VTs seem 2 have better camber than others at times so if ur lucky and have 1 of those u may get away with out 1 but if its been lowered its a must. remembering rotating ur tyres is still cruitual every 5000-8000kms.

Status
Not open for further replies.