Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VX Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

vt lover

Reaction score
I have a 97 vt ss it recently broke down. Symptoms were miss firing and wont idle. Is that crank angle sensor? Please help

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free

Kargroth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2007 SV6
thankyou, this explained 1 or 2 faults with my baby ( VT series II wagon)

vt lover

Reaction score
The crank angle sensors always go apparently bro but mine was fine it was air flow metre and temp cooling sensor.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

evil bloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
VX Commodore crappy fuel hose to injector rails. Apparently the fix is buy a whole new injector rail system not the hose. super cheap auto, in your face Holden.

Thirulkumar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Hi guys. I have vt 99" executive. I have starting problem every morning or after the engine cold down after few hours. The engine starts when I turn the ignition for second time. Can anyone help me out what will be the problem and also have a little bit of vibration when engine runs. It happen some times only. And also felt my engine under power when I press the accelerate from stopping in junction or when I turn air con on, especially climbing up to hill. Roughly about 80~90 kmh. I just change the engine recently. This problem comes since my old engine. What should I do. Please help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coop69

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt commodore
Hi all

Hi all. Was driving my vt the other day and it just shut down at 80 kmh and now won't restart. There is water/coolant leaking from join in exhaust . What does this mean ????? Please help

vx super

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2001 supercharged 3.8l
can some body please help, my vx commy is running ruff, under load at first but now also at idle, no check engine light.

just got new leads, no better, plugs are new, little better but upon re inspection all on bank#2 are black with carbon?????

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Ok after a few PM's asking me how this is done, thought I might place a few pics and steps up of how to replace
this latch. Sorry for the limited pics, was running out of battery power, but hopefully you get the general idea.

Pic1.

Open up the dash bin, and in the left hand corner you will see a pin. Remove this pin, it simply just slides
out of place.

Pic2.

Once the pin has been removed, apply pressure in the direction the arrow is pointing, and at the same time
pull towards your body. Dont apply too much pressure tho as the compartment will slide out easy enough to
gain access to the Latch.

Pic3.

Once the compartment is out, this is where the latch sits, push the latch out of position and replace with
a new latch (Can buy them at Holden $12).

Pic4.

Latch been removed from the dash bin assembly.

Now just reverse the procedure, push the compartment back in to place until you hear it clicking back in to
place and push the pin back in to location, and you're done.

You wouldn't read about it both of my cars have a failed latch - less than a week apart and I never use the stupid compartment it just fell open. Honestly such a useless design. Thankfully I've used this procedure before and it works a treat.

lilpiket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S, Vx S-pac (l67)
Hi all. Was driving my vt the other day and it just shut down at 80 kmh and now won't restart. There is water/coolant leaking from join in exhaust . What does this mean ????? Please help

How much coolant is leaking is/was it a steady flow or just tiny drips...

JNBShepo

JShepo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan, VU SS
I'm having trouble with the indicators not working intermittently in my 2001 VU. Is it a stalk issue or is there a relay or regulator responsible??

Status
Not open for further replies.