Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT/VX - Front bumper gaps - tab/clips broken - Repair ideas/fixes?

JustVT.Tings

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 S1 VT Commodore S
So after years of reading forums from here I finally joined justcommodores as a member and wish i made the choice to be years ago

Anyway as the title briefly describes what can be done to Repair/Fix/Replace/Modify the Front bumper bar to get it mounted and sitting flush at the section below each headlight where they meet the front quarter panels?

Reason I ask is because...................
I got my VT’s front bumper caught on a curb the other day and pulled the bumper almost off completely. In the process I seemed to have snapped off the tabs on the front bar itself. I searched the forums and couldn’t find much info on any ways to possibly fix this issue without having to get a new bumper? (Picture below)

Any ideas, fixes, advice would be appreciated...........Cheers in advance

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
No pics

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i'd be saying replace, and when you do so use new clips and don't forget to put bolts under the number plate area. this area holds a fair bit of the weight.

JustVT.Tings

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 S1 VT Commodore S
Sorry hopefully picture sends now. But that would ultimately be the easiest and best option mpower did notice today that there is a metal bracket under the from bumper but had no screws in it.

Attachments

• 76CA952C-44E5-4E2A-9B36-BFBF7A1F6E8C.jpeg
    76CA952C-44E5-4E2A-9B36-BFBF7A1F6E8C.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 607

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
you have to pull it off to see what needs doing. might have just come unclipped. these things can be a pita to line up which is why so many you see will droop or not line up.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Had same problem with my vx . They are a PITA to fix . The clips snap off and are just about impossible to glue back on as the glue won't stick due to the type of plastic the bar is made from .