Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt/vx fuel consumption

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
beeks said:
Were talking petrol here,VT/VX having the same 3.8lt ECOTEC Motor,should deliver identical economy,about 500-600 on average depending on your right foot and driving conditions.

no **** sherlock if u learn 2 read 1 day u would notice i said if ur not on gas u fool meanin ur not using gas ............. the 75ltr tank doesnt have gas....... some ppl i swear it makes u wonder somtimes :|

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
wrx884 said:
well if ya not on gas all VT/VX's have a 75 litre tank so thats wat most ppl r workin off id say unless they state they r on gas n got a smaller tank???

Even if you have LPG there is no reduction in the petrol tank capacity (75L)
unless you had a dedicated LPG only system and you wouldn't have a petrol tank at all.

btw, there aren't many dedicated LPG only systems ,mainly all are dual fuel systems.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
thats wat i was gettin at wagon man wen i said unless stated u have a gas tank. not every1 does

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
wrx884 said:
no **** sherlock if u learn 2 read 1 day u would notice i said if ur not on gas u fool meanin ur not using gas ............. the 75ltr tank doesnt have gas....... some ppl i swear it makes u wonder somtimes :|
Elementary Dikhead,possibly learn to spell,you incoherent polly waffle.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
SLAF said:
You'll find that the VX motor has 5 kw more power and is supposed to be more efficient and smoother. I have a VX and VT. The power difference is noticable. No too sure about economy though
I'll find 5kw more power in a VX!!! And I'm driving a VT.........More fool me..

Chilli_Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX XU6
isnt there a huge weight difference between the cars too, i know there is from series one to series two vt.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
beeks said:
Elementary Dikhead,possibly learn to spell,you incoherent polly waffle.

easy tiger dont get ur knickers ina knot

gaff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Comodore Aclaim 2000
haha,I suspect my VX fuel gauge doesnt work or Ive been luck to be continually topping up my tank between 3/4 and full for the past six months according to the indicator, so has anyone worked out an average per 1 litre, I know its only a litre but I would be good to know as making calculation on a full tank is fine but doesnt realy give any indication of what I may use or how far one could travel on say just $5 of fuel as I suspect there would be alot of us out there who just keep topping up the tank or cant afford to or never run it dry, Ive always made a practice of keeping a few litres in the tank and never run dry as many do so knowing the average of one litre would be handy, I have been calculating my own fuel consumption using the litres purchased and the trip computer assuming I use 8.2 litres per 100 kms which seems to be a safe figure to start with but to be honest I havent got a clue , whats your thought?

Vx owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx s pac s2
I get around 700k to just over half a tank in my vx 5sp
Has k&n air filter always run 95