Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT-VX Hidden Trip Computer

waza327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
One of the extra hidden functions in this part is, what i think may be a boost a boost guage for supercharged models. It always reads B 5.0
I have a stock VT SS Supercharged model. Anyone have any ideas if this is correct?

V

VTS_Series1_2464

tech 2 enables this.... but u sacrafice ur o/speed my mate did it to his VX ss...

blownvt2s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
be assed if i can find the VIN display the autospeed article mentioned! :)

You dont have to actually start the engine to use diag mode - just have mode and up pressed as you turn the key to ON (be that from OFF or ACC), and release once the ignition is on.

press up and down together to exit back to normal mode.

my take on the first number (990609) is the build date for the firmware that drives the trip computer - a mates VX II showed the same number as my VT II from memory

PN is definately not your radio pin (which button for 7??!?)... could it be Part Number? Those with the Digi speedo enabled in normal trip mode have a different number to those without - mine is Pn7563 (VT SII), from memory a friends was Pn7562 (VT II ex coppers) and they hav digi speedo in normal mode ... anyone?

The first V display is to test the up down and mode button circuits - press the up or down buttons, and the --- changes to -d- or --u or and the respective circuit voltage is shown.

The next V display is the main system voltage - 12v before start, 14v after.

the next 2 V displays .. who knows... the 5.0 could be a reference signal for the data bus maybe? anyone?

the 2 fuel displays speak for themselves - combined with the speedo reading they let the computer work out distance to empty. also helpful for spotting when your sender unit is playing up ... mine sometimes jumps from 15L up to 50 when parked in certain angles etc which makes the damn thing think its nearly full again!

i almost always run mine on Temp display - good way to know if your cooling system has shat itself :)

Interesting to watch the temp as it warms up ... mine gets to 98-99, then dives to 87 as the thermo lets the colder water in, then wanders up and down a bit more before settling on 91 for a while until the hot/cold in the system evens out. most i've seen on the readout is 107 haulin 4 people and a dirty on a trailor up a really long hill on a hot day..

speed and taco.. duh!

the T01 display where you can press up and down shows lots of stuff... some show "On" or a number or letter... anyone have any detailed info?

as for the the "normal mode" displays for distance to go etc - see the owners manual for how to turn the all trip computer displays on or off and turn on/off the overspeed warning. you can also preset the intial km's for the distance to go function.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
I would like to know about this "t" display.
Anyone have any ideas?

S

stomyscar

I read all this and there a some pretty cool new things to play with, but, how do you get some of them to stay on, instead of having to press the buttons at ignition??

Thanks

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
stomyscar said:
I read all this and there a some pretty cool new things to play with, but, how do you get some of them to stay on, instead of having to press the buttons at ignition??

Thanks
you don't
Cuckoo

H

holden_nutt

You can!

Take your car to a Holden dealership and tell them you want the digital speedo to display. However, the digital speedo takes the palce of the over speed alert function.

Holden will use a Tech2 machine to do it and you should not pay more than $20! I got quoted $45 at the first dealer until I finally got it done for free.

It takes only a few minutes to do.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Excellent thread guys.You learn something new everyday on this forum.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Digital speedo is the only option you can have as a permanent option. All other displays must be done manually when starting the car.
It's crazy that holden have designed this setup but don't mention it anywhere and don't seem to keen on talking about what some of the functions are.

ef_classic

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF S2 classic
I found out how to do this on my 96 ef Falcon the other day.

Much the same functions, difference is it stays on until i turn it off.:my: